GPU cannot be removed, manuals doesnt include how to remove one either

Sleeper47

Looking for immediate help, I want to swap parts from my current build but now I am stuck with this. Watched thru tutorial but never stumbled upon this type of clip. Someone suggested to pull the clip to the direction of CPU Cooler but my hand are destroyed trying to do this. Any help will be appreciated.

15741888669116813730226521991583.jpg

The circled tab needs to be pushed or lifted (maybe pulled towards you?) to release the graphics card from the slot. It should not require use of force, so only pull/push it in the way it will go. Don't try to force it.

image.thumb.png.223037e0b7684a11b3d84b3c0f167b52.png

Make sure the screws attaching the graphics card to the case from the metal bracket are also removed.

image.png.68cf3ab146679531fcd9cf50a7ba0cb6.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

6 minutes ago, Sleeper47 said:

appreciated

That little blue flange must be pulled away from the GFX card (towards the CPU) for the PCIe slot to release the video card. If you don't do this, and try to force it, you can break the mobo.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Spotty said:

The circled tab needs to be pushed or lifted to release the graphics card from the slot.

Make sure the screws attaching the graphics card to the case from the metal bracket are also removed.

image.png

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it doesnt work.

1. Tried pushing it all the way down, no avail as it will be blocked by the motherboard. Pulling it feels like breaking it, feels like I can lift the motherboard just by pulling it.

2. All screws have been undone

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

That little blue flange must be pulled away from the GFX card (towards the CPU) for the PCIe slot to release the video card. If you don't do this, and try to force it, you can break the mobo.

Have tried pulling it towards the CPU, nothing happens, just the clip becoming bent, the GPU itself didnt get released.

Is there any indication of when I should stop, or should I just force through the clips?

1 minute ago, Sleeper47 said:

should I just force through the clips?

NO forcing!

What that little clip does is lock the card in place. Pushing it away from the card, allows you to lift the card straight up form the mobo.

See the little "L" bracket at the end of this card?

https://www.techspot.com/products/graphics-cards/amd-radeon-rx-550.164531/

That's what that blue clip connects to.

By pushing it away from that :L" it unlocks the card and allows you to lift up.

Be careful.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

NO forcing!

What that little clip does is lock the card in place. Pushing it away from the card, allows you to lift the card straight up form the mobo.

See the little "L" bracket at the end of this card?

https://www.techspot.com/products/graphics-cards/amd-radeon-rx-550.164531/

That's what that blue clip connects to.

By pushing it away from that :L" it unlocks the card and allows you to lift up.

Be careful.

10 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The circled tab needs to be pushed or lifted (maybe pulled towards you?) to release the graphics card from the slot. It should not require use of force, so only pull/push it in the way it will go. Don't try to force it.

just wanna let u guys know that the gpu is now out, thanks for your input.

btw @Radium_Angel , I did force it way more than I think I should but I dont find any damage on the board or anything bad (reference on 2nd pic). Should be good, right?

15741900489489051150526492011056.jpg

15741902179182489920783709745686.jpg

2 hours ago, Sleeper47 said:

Should be good, right?

Looks good!