Tech shops that send replacement first??

The Torrent

You do a build, lets say its your only build.

You gotta rma a part, the motherboard? the gpu? the psu?

Oh no, downtime on your pc. You gotta send it, they gotta check it, and send a replacement out all while ur pc is dead.

Is there any pc shop that sends a replacement first, then you send the item back? That would be so much better.

No..? 

Because the amount of people that would just keep the old part and not send it in would be outrageous

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

No..? 

Because the amount of people that would just keep the old part and not send it in would be outrageous

Ive seen places send replacements first.

Apple did it with a iphone charger plug a few years ago.

And for some reason i cant think of any more examples right now but they'll come to me.

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

An increasing number of businesses are doing the "we'll put a hold on your credit card and send you the item first" RMA procedure. I had this option when I returned a fan to Corsair.

ooh do corsair do this?? Or was this just your retail shop?

I got some faulty corsair ram and a faulty psu but holding off rma-ing them yet.

2 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

Ive seen places send replacements first.

Apple did it with a iphone charger plug a few years ago.

And for some reason i cant think of any more examples right now but they'll come to me.

You think that's the same thing as a $700 GPU?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Be Quiet sends replacements first. At least they did to me some Years ago. It was a PSU tho.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

You think that's the same thing as a $700 GPU?

maybe not gpu then.

Unless there is somewhere..?

Usually it's something you have to ask for; most places call it Express RMA, or something of that nature.

You will have to pay for the full price of the item, which will be charged to your credit card, to avoid the scenario @Slottr pointed out.

Some places might charge you the full amount if they find that your item doesn't meet their RMA criteria. In which case, congrats, you just bought yourself a new item.

RMAs go through the manufacturer, not the vendor.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

It's called "Advanced RMA" or "Advanced Replacement."

I've been able to do this w/ a number of manufacturers. EVGA was BY FAR the fastest. LG has also done it with monitors.

In both cases, they do place a hold on your credit card, but always ask for the option when RMAing.

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

I RMA'd to Corsair.

ooh thats nice to know ill give them a message thanks.

3 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

It's called "Advanced RMA" or "Advanced Replacement."

I've been able to do this w/ a number of manufacturers. EVGA was BY FAR the fastest. LG has also done it with monitors.

In both cases, they do place a hold on your credit card, but always ask for the option when RMAing.

perfect ive heard that term before thats what it meant.

You can do that on Amazon... If you just buy the same product once more and return the bad one for refund.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

18 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

You can do that on Amazon... If you just buy the same product once more and return the bad one for refund.

they allow it,

but they do check bar codes they do know what your doing.

But it doesnt cost them they return it to manufacturer so they dont give one.

But bro thats not cool dont do that 

10 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

they allow it,

but they do check bar codes they do know what your doing.

But it doesnt cost them they return it to manufacturer so they dont give one.

But bro thats not cool dont do that 

I've actually had Amazon CS reps tell me to place a new order and return the faulty one. It's easier for Amazon to just send a new product ASAP and get the return and handle it normally than trying to do some kind of exchange or RMA. Of course this only works within the 30 day return window (in the US).

1 hour ago, The Torrent said:

maybe not gpu then.

Unless there is somewhere..?

Only certain manufacturers do this.

Retail stores don't.

https://www.evga.com/warranty/rmaprocess/

Standard Cross-Ship RMA

• Free EVGA account membership and registration are required to contact customer service for troubleshooting and receive a support ticket for an RMA request.
  • The Standard Cross-Ship RMA requires that you are the original owner of the product and can provide proof of purchase in the form of an invoice or receipt.
  • After an RMA request is approved, you will be required to pay for the full replacement collateral price of your product. The cost of collateral is determined by EVGA based on the current product's MSRP price, and is charged in US Dollars.
  • Once the collateral price is paid, EVGA will process and ship a replacement to you within 3 business days (exclusive of time in transit).
  • Shipments from EVGA to your address will be made via ground shipping, although you may request and pay for expedited shipping.
  • After your replacement product has been processed and shipped, you will then be responsible for shipping your defective product to EVGA, following our shipping guidelines found here.
  • Upon receipt of your product, without damage, EVGA will refund the collateral paid in full. In order to receive a full refund of your collateral, your original product MUST be received by EVGA within 14 days from the date EVGA shipped the replacement to your address. For the avoidance of doubt, the 14 days begins on the day the replacement is shipped by EVGA, not the day you receive the replacement.
  • The complete refund process may take 7-14 business days from the date EVGA receives your product at its receiving facility. Your collateral will be refunded in US Dollars. EVGA is not responsible for fluctuations in the currency exchange rate or conversion fees charged by your financial institution.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Western Digital also does advanced RMA. Provide your CC and they will send you a drive first. Once you get the drive, then you'll have to send the old one back within the 30 days time frame. If they do not receive your drive within 30 days, they'll charge you for the drive they sent to you.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

6 hours ago, Slottr said:

No..? 

Thats why they ask for a credit or Debit card number. If you dont send it back they will charge you for the price of the other unit. Thats how many places do it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

6 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Thats why they ask for a credit or Debit card number. If you dont send it back they will charge you for the price of the other unit. Thats how many places do it. 

As I've read

Must not be an option where I am, or few places do.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

have had plenty of companies here in Denmark do it, where they reserve an amount, send the new item with a return box.

also had companies send a UPS guy that has to pick up something to deliver a new product to me.

but normally the brand it self, not the hardware seller, since they have very small margins, so a waste in that area would be an issue.

Lenovo had done it, Dyson, Logitech was cool normally they just wanted me to cut the cable on the part, send a picture of the destruction of it. 

and so on... think i have gotten the best service on my old thinkpad laptops, when it was IBM owned, my old T30, the service on that was INCREDIBLE, even though it only broke once, a dead ethernet card on the logic board. 

In the UK Amazon do this all the time (if sold and fulfilled by Amazon anyway). They send out the replacement and give you a returns label. As long as you send the faulty item back within 30 days of starting the return you don't get charged

The most I've ever had replaced was about £250, I usually just prefer a refund. I've even had them give me a refund before actually returning the item so I could buy something else

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue