LTX20 Suggestions!

CPotter

Creators I would like to see that aren't already there: iJustine, Uravgconsumer, MKBHD

Food: Madrinas and Savage Jerky

Shirts: it would be cool to put the creators on the back of the shirts.

Panels: I attended every single panel because I was injured. There wasn't a single panel that I didn't enjoy. I would like a gaming competition with all the creators playing against each other. CSGO would be awesome. I enjoyed the world of warships bit, but would like something with all the talent. Would also like to see a scrapyard wars live. With panelists bringing their lan system they made with a 5 min vlog of them building it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

On 11/19/2019 at 6:27 PM, CPotter said:

Hey everyone,

As we start to plan next year's LTX event, we'd love to know what you'd all like to see at the show! This can be anything from booths, activities, Q&A topics, other content creators, etc, that you'd like to see present. :) Let us know and we'll try to explore all ideas.

I had an amazing time last year, but I couldn’t participate in a booth without missing what was going on the stage.  I had a great time talking to the developers of Lumote, really nice guys, and I’d love to see more game demos and get to talk with more developers.  

Ive got an idea. How about an optional competition for the invited creators. Scrapyard Wars: LTX edition. When the invitations go out, maybe include this as an optional thing to do with the final builds to be presented & judged on sunday. Fleshing out the judging categories ahead of time would be necessary, but you guys got plenty of experience with that. 

I know that when OzTalksHW, Nerd on a Budget, and I attended this year's event, we collab'd to all build one single PC using a handful of secondhand parts we mostly scored the friday night we arrived in Vancouver, it was a ton of fun. So maybe this can be an idea that can be developed. Maybe certain parts can be provided by sponsors, or LMG, to simplify the process since it'll be so time limited though. Like a cooler, a power supply, maybe even the case or something. 

YouTube/CoalitionGaming - Cameras: Canon 1DX MkII, Canon EOS M6 MkII, Panasonic Lumix G85
The Gaming/Streaming/Editing Rig: Codename
LINCHPIN 
Ryzen 9 5900X // Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite mobo // 32gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz // Swiftech Boreas custom CPU loop & IRIS Helix Fans // Lian LI PC-O11 Dynamic Case // Nvidia RTX 3080 FE  // Sandisk x400 1tb SSD // Micron 2tb SSD // WD 1tb Blue HDD // SK Hynix Gold P31 NVME 1tb SSD // 

4 hours ago, CoalitionGaming said:

Ive got an idea. How about an optional competition for the invited creators. Scrapyard Wars: LTX edition. When the invitations go out, maybe include this as an optional thing to do with the final builds to be presented & judged on sunday. Fleshing out the judging categories ahead of time would be necessary, but you guys got plenty of experience with that. 

I know that when OzTalksHW, Nerd on a Budget, and I attended this year's event, we collab'd to all build one single PC using a handful of secondhand parts we mostly scored the friday night we arrived in Vancouver, it was a ton of fun. So maybe this can be an idea that can be developed. Maybe certain parts can be provided by sponsors, or LMG, to simplify the process since it'll be so time limited though. Like a cooler, a power supply, maybe even the case or something. 

Great minds think alike, lol. I said the same thing earlier. It would be cool.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

Hey can you guys do this in the US or around summer time so that your younger audience like myself will be able to go

On 12/8/2019 at 8:20 AM, Elektra57 said:

Creators I would like to see that aren't already there: iJustine, Uravgconsumer, MKBHD

Food: Madrinas and Savage Jerky

Shirts: it would be cool to put the creators on the back of the shirts.

Panels: I attended every single panel because I was injured. There wasn't a single panel that I didn't enjoy. I would like a gaming competition with all the creators playing against each other. CSGO would be awesome. I enjoyed the world of warships bit, but would like something with all the talent. Would also like to see a scrapyard wars live. With panelists bringing their lan system they made with a 5 min vlog of them building it.

iJustine makes me cringe usually when I've watched her videos.  But to each their own.

Anyone suggest a VR stream of the major panels and possibly a walk around tour of the event?

I've posted this before, but do Pin the Tail on the motherboard. A blind, one handed test to install a GPU/pci-e device into the mobo.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

On 11/19/2019 at 9:27 AM, CPotter said:

Hey everyone,

As we start to plan next year's LTX event, we'd love to know what you'd all like to see at the show! This can be anything from booths, activities, Q&A topics, other content creators, etc, that you'd like to see present. :) Let us know and we'll try to explore all ideas.

I second Linus's suggestion with having an audio booth. I was hoping there had been one last year, but I'm super curious to try out cheap vs expensive and closed-backed vs open-backed headphones. 

what about a case throwing game, and the winner of the furthest throw wins a case, male category, female category, under 18 and over 18.

4 cases up for grabs

i mentioned a beer gardens, but what about a beer chugging competition

insurance for that would be interesting

• 2 weeks later...

Hello i have an idea for a vidéo (im french) 

ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 PCIe 3.0 X4 Carte d'extension V2 

4 stick on one pc better than 1 stick and some HD ? They make that thing for reason no ?

sell limited-time-only RGB merch (normal LTT merch with LED strips.) It would probably be uncomfortable but I really want an RGB stealth hoodie

The videos posted on youtube and floatplane brought many of us to LTX's expos so shouldn't there be something celebrating or lampooning videos posted by the tech community since the last LTX event? 

A year in review with awards like: best segway, longest rant, why we love/hate apple and RGB..etc 

Some behind the scenes would be entertaining, too.  

On 12/11/2019 at 9:02 PM, Henry445 said:

Hey can you guys do this in the US or around summer time so that your younger audience like myself will be able to go

It's in 7 months.  People need to start saving money if they want to go.  It's also on a weekend: fly in on friday night and fly out sunday night. 

can we get a larger venue

maybe both parts of the convention centre this time

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

I think it would be cool if everyone brought a magnet from their state (or country) so LTT could put it on a wall in their office.

linktr.ee/Elektra57

On 1/5/2020 at 2:54 AM, Elektra57 said:

I think it would be cool if everyone brought a magnet from their state (or country) so LTT could put it on a wall in their office.

Or Even just a world map with pins for us to put in to let you know how far we come for the event?

For the VIP tickets, maybe not first come first served - open them up for a kind of raffle where you pay if you are successful, and if no payment within X days - then redraw. 

On 1/3/2020 at 5:29 PM, LienusLateTips said:

can we get a larger venue

maybe both parts of the convention centre this

Linus said on WAN show that they reserved the larger portion of the convention center for LTX 2020