Motherboards with M.2 A/E Slots?

I want to build a few budget gaming systems for my kids, probably looking at B450 boards with 2600 CPUs. I do need WiFi, but almost all of the boards I see with built-in WiFi are high-end boards that cost a decent amount and include features I don't really care to pay for (no plans to overclock).

Is anyone aware of a board that includes an un-populated M.2 2260 A/E key slot that I could use to add my own WiFi card? I know you can buy expansion slot adapters, but I would prefer the cleanness of it being directly on the board. I am a bit surprised that isn't a more common feature. Literally every laptop made in the last 5 years has one or even two of those slots, and the desktop boards with built-in WiFi typically do use the same approach, so why are is it not more common to have the empty slots on non-WiFi boards?

2 minutes ago, sphbecker said:

I do need WiFi, but almost all of the boards I see with built-in WiFi are high-end boards that cost a decent amount and include features I don't really care to pay for (no plans to overclock).

ASRock B450M/AC

only like $85

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Keep in mind with a 2260/2230 wifi card that you'd still need to handle antenna routing, while with integrated wifi the antennas will be installed in the I/O shield. I'd guess that's the main reason you mostly see integrated wifi rather than a slot.