Will GPU's work around the world

Ghost1801

Good day

I have a question.

Will GPU's work anywhere in the world? 

Example: I stay in South Africa with 240Volts grid. Can I buy a GPU from Amazon USA (USA power GRID i think is 120Volts) and install it in my PC?

Will it work fine? 

The power supply of your PC needs to support the voltage of the grid. Most support both 120/230V. The components inside the PC always use the same voltage (12/5V DC).

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

4 minutes ago, Ghost1801 said:

Good day

I have a question.

Example: I stay in South Africa with 240Volts grid. Can I buy a GPU from Amazon USA (USA power GRID i think is 120Volts) and install it in my PC?

Will it work fine? 

Yep, DC is DC anywhere in the world. Its the PSU that converts from AC to DC.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Gpus are exactly the same in every country. It will work when you plug it in your pc and it will work. You can buy from amazon usa but import taxes may apply.

8 minutes ago, Ghost1801 said:

Good day

I have a question.

Will it work fine? 

Yes. Your PSU converts the AC power to DC. Internal computer components use DC not AC, standard internal PC components are universal, it wouldn't make sense to have GPU or CPUs or any parts besides the power cable for the PSU be country specific.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

5 minutes ago, Ghost1801 said:

Good day

I have a question.

Will it work fine? 

Your graphics card needs 12V, 3.3V and 5V lanes to operate, like many other components on your system.

As long as your motherboard and PowerSupply is able to deliver those to your graphics card, then it will work. 

What your power supply (PSU) does, is convert 100 to 220V to those 12V, 3.3V and 5V. So as long as your PSU is multi-region (most are.. they either automatically detect or have a switch, usually red that you need to flip. But best to double check before assuming). Anything after the PSU, is all following one of the PC standard (usually and most cases ATX)