Is this an alright set?

not-jeff

Hi. I can for now only pick things up to a 1000 so this is what I've picked.
Is this alright? 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/kDCZZf

Also, the note "Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders." makes me think. What is it supposed to be about? Does this mean those things might not be compatible inside with each other?

Thanks in advance.

13 minutes ago, not-jeff said:

Also, the note "Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders." makes me think. What is it supposed to be about? Does this mean those things might not be compatible inside with each other?

It's basically saying "I dunno if your cooler+RAM combo will work, check it before-hand".

It will work though. Info from Noctua's product page:

Thanks to its recessed lower fins, the NH-D15 provides 64mm clearance for tall memory heatsinks in single fan mode, making it compatible with most high end RAM modules on the market. In dual fan mode, the NH-D15 should be used with standard height RAM (up to 32mm).*

the Corsair LPX set is 31mm tall, so it will work with this cooler in both single and dual fan mode.

Your case supports up to 17cm coolers, the D15 is 16cm tall. So no issues there too.

As for the build:

- Do you have an SSD already? (You can add it to the PCPartPicker list and mark it is 'Purchased' to avoid confusion later)

- I don't have an opinion on that case, so not sure if it's good or bad.

Rest of the build looks solid.

Of course you can choose to spend less on the cooler, deal with more noise and upgrade certain parts of your PC; but there is not really performance benefits to be had with that IMO.. (like going to a 2060 is not gonna get more fps in games, upgrading the CPU isn't either..)

EDIT: Oh and consider if you really need 32GB. Not sure what your PC is for...But just think about that.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 things.
a 1660 Super costs less and is identical.
and a NH D15 is ridiculous for a little 100w under prime95 Ryzen. ( i had one for a 5.2 Ghz 8086k and it was even enough with 1 fan)

Take a U12S instead (maybe you want to upgrade in the future to a ryzen 7 or 9) and skip the 1660 Ti and take the saved money for a RX 5700 which is over 50% faster than a 1660 Ti.

1 hour ago, not-jeff said:

Hi. I can for now only pick things up to a 1000 so this is what I've picked.
Is this alright? 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/kDCZZf

Thanks in advance.

the X570-A Pro is garbage for the price. do you really need 32gb of ram? skip the aftermarket cooler and use the money for an SSD and better GPU instead.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£174.78 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£80.47 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Memory: Team Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£52.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Storage: Pioneer 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£59.49 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Toshiba X300 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£94.21 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card  (£379.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Case: Deepcool MATREXX 50 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£40.92 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£69.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £952.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-19 12:38 GMT+0000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W