diffrent case

thrasher_565

so i found a few different cases and whats your thoughts on them. also if you got some cases post em.

XIGMATEK OVERTAKE

abkoncore RAMESSES 850

abkoncore RAMESSES 780

abkoncore TENGRI 650

talius eviathan

Segotep Phoenix

redragonzone ironhid

xigmatek case 1.jpg

redragonzone ironhide case.jpg

Segotep Phoenix.jpg

talius leviathan.jpg

TENGRI 650.jpg

RAMESSES 780.jpg

ramesses850.jpg

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

first one. The other cases has airflow of a sealed plastic bag.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

2 minutes ago, Martin2132 said:

hmm now that you pointed them out i see it now haha....

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

8 hours ago, Martin2132 said:

No, the first one sucks. The fans protrude past the front of the case into the airflow cutout which will give it the airflow of a plastic bag with a few pinholes in it. The leviathan looks ok especially if you bought additional fans to get both top and front intake and made sure to tape up any holes around the fan mounting itself in the front to maximize fresh intake pressure. Not great, but ok. The pheonix is meh, not completely horrible but the mobo layout is stupid. The rest are worse.

Here's a review of the Leviathan. I don't understand it but it shows fan positioning and it doesn't look bad.

Fan positioning is critical, and in the first example they do exactly what I hate; they put side vents in but dont give the fans ample room to utlize the space and put the blades right up against the glass anyways. 

tmp_20190906172602101.jpg

The Segotop Pheonix is the only really "different" case, with a rotate motherboard layout. The rest are basically copy/paste of existing cases that got the sealed glass treatment that everyone is doing. Nothing unique about them IMO. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Fan positioning is critical, and in the first example they do exactly what I hate; they put side vents in but dont give the fans ample room to utlize the space and put the blades right up against the glass anyways. 

tmp_20190906172602101.jpg

The Segotop Pheonix is the only really "different" case, with a rotate motherboard layout. The rest are basically copy/paste of existing cases that got the sealed glass treatment that everyone is doing. Nothing unique about them IMO. 

i mean with some modes you could make em work, the XIGMATEK OVERTAKE all you would have to do is move the fans to the inside instead of the out side then you have massive space. i did find a work around would be to revers flow so in top, back bottome and out the front.

other cases were the glass is sealing the front you would need to extend the bolts so there's a gap in the front.

10 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i mean with some modes you could make em work, the XIGMATEK OVERTAKE all you would have to do is move the fans to the inside instead of the out side then you have massive space. i did find a work around would be to revers flow so in top, back bottome and out the front.

Agreed, and thats what I always tell people to do when they have cases like those and they have airflow issues, however some people dont want to do that citing the fact that the fan mounting rails block the RGB and i t"looks bad" ???

Also I just realized the Ramsees 780 is Bottom and side intake not front. The bottom intake doesnt look bad, but the side and top fans are basically useless. Even if they do manage to pull in air from the cracks in the glass, they dont push it anywhere meaningful with an exhaust vent, meaning it has to force air in through a crack and force it out cracks on the rear side.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25