How can I destroy my new PC in the most painful way?

TheGrylix

I really can‘t handle this pc anymore. Changed my fully working 3570k for an amd 3600x and this thing works like an old laptop from the 90s. First I had an b450 tomahawk max. With this I had graphics drivers not working and boot issues. So I changed to a x570 aorus elite. Had the usual amd boost issues, but also problems with long boot and shut-down times. So I updated my bios. Now windows explorer takes minutes to load any folder and the taskbar is sooo slow to respond. Boot times improved by 5secs, but now it takes 5min to shut down. Also the processors now boosts even lower. And trough all this time there is a persistent chance of my pc freezing randomly no matter the workload.

I‘m really thinking about throwing this thing in the trash and buying a shitty laptop and giving up on all this pc stuff...

Painful for you or for the PC? If the former, literally tearing it apart with your bare hands would likely create cuts and bruises. If the latter, using extremely high voltage to melt the entire thing would be as close to pain as a computer could feel.

Maybe the best "painful" thing to do would be to sell the components and let someone else feel that pain. It's painful to inflict pain, so that route might be the most painful.

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

did you do a full, fresh install of windows when you swapped everything? If not, thats likely your problem. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

15 minutes ago, TheGrylix said:

First I had an b450 tomahawk max. With this I had graphics drivers not working and boot issues. So I changed to a x570 aorus elite. Had the usual amd boost issues, but also problems with long boot and shut-down times. So I updated my bios. Now windows explorer takes minutes to load any folder and the taskbar is sooo slow to respond. Boot times improved by 5secs, but now it takes 5min to shut down.

sounds quite a lot like you didn't fresh install, and there are lots of software conflicts.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Sounds like the freezing may be Hard drive related.  Still using spinning rust?

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

10 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

sounds quite a lot like you didn't fresh install, and there are lots of software conflicts.

Yes I did a fresh install. I tried a lot of common troubleshooting. I even paid a technician, but he pinned it on the freshly released hardware...

2 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

Sounds like the freezing may be Hard drive related.  Still using spinning rust?

No, programs and OS are all on the ssd and the hdd for storage is pretty much new

2 minutes ago, TheGrylix said:

Yes I did a fresh install. I tried a lot of common troubleshooting. I even paid a technician, but he pinned it on the freshly released hardware...

Yeah, no.  That sounds like a failing HDD/SSD, possibly incorrect RAM timings as well.

Here are my specs since I forgot them in my rage.

amd 3600x

rtx 2070 super

16gb 3200 cl15 ram

x570 aorus elite

samsung 256gb 850 evo

WD black 1tb hdd

xfx 850W powersupply

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Yeah, no.  That sounds like a failing HDD/SSD, possibly incorrect RAM timings as well.

But how come there were no such issues on my old build?

9 minutes ago, TheGrylix said:

But how come there were no such issues on my old build?

Your old build was a 3rd gen product on the same basic design.  Ryzen 3000 is a wholly new design with different conventions for memory and other basic setup compared to what you were using before.

A little bit of time and effort chasing down performance issues comes with the territory of building a PC.  Not every generation of hardware is simply plug and play.  Intel has had similar problems in the past with Z68.

The main thing is to find and eliminate problems.  Check disk performance and check SMART logs.  You may have damaged something when moving it over or installing it.  Static electricity is a pain in the ass.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:41 PM, KarathKasun said:

Your old build was a 3rd gen product on the same basic design.  Ryzen 3000 is a wholly new design with different conventions for memory and other basic setup compared to what you were using before.

A little bit of time and effort chasing down performance issues comes with the territory of building a PC.  Not every generation of hardware is simply plug and play.  Intel has had similar problems in the past with Z68.

The main thing is to find and eliminate problems.  Check disk performance and check SMART logs.  You may have damaged something when moving it over or installing it.  Static electricity is a pain in the ass.

So I tried crystaldiskinfo and mark and the hard drives seem to be fine

3 hours ago, TheGrylix said:

So I tried crystaldiskinfo and mark and the hard drives seem to be fine

Install the AMD chipset drivers package and make sure the board is configured for AHCI.

22 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

Install the AMD chipset drivers package and make sure the board is configured for AHCI.

Ahci was already configured but for some reason I get errors when installing chipset drivers. This pc is really driving me crazy

Faulty motherboard?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2