Windows 10 installation issues on Aspire 4738

Sorry for formatting issues, I am on mobile. 

Okay LTT forums, you're my last hope. 

I have an Acer Aspire 4738 of a family member, which BSOD'd a few days ago. Backed up the data in the "C" partition (where 90% of the users data was) using a Linux bootable I had made just for these kind of cases. 

This laptop is slightly unusual, it's got 5gigs of RAM. I was surprised too when I opened it up a few minutes ago. 

The laptop now needs a new OS, win10, no brainer. 

I get by win10 bootable, get the laptop to boot into the win10 setup, so far so good, here's where it gets... Tricky. When you click the "install now" button after the language selection, it just gives me a screen that says "setup is starting" and stays there for the next 30-60 minutes (yes, I actually waited it out). After which it will take me to drive/partition selection, which will refresh for another 20 or so minutes and then let me select a partition. After around 20-25 minutes, I get an error "cannot be installed on this drive" and the setup cancels and starts all over again. 

Now, I think it's because of the weird RAM config, I open it up and take the 1gig stick out, now it's just 4gigs, should be no issues from this point, right?? Nope, the laptop doesn't like the 4gig stick and shuts off as soon as I hit the power button. 

Tried the 1gig stick, boots up like a charm and even boots I to the win10 installer. Now, it's still stuck at the same screen "setup is starting". I still think it's bad RAM. 

Any help/tips are appreciated. Thanks guys. 

Note : BIOS is super basic, there's not a lot of options to fiddle. If anyone wants pictures for my issue, I am more than happy to provide them for further clarification.

Rorossi FTW!! :D

• 3 years later...
On 11/18/2019 at 6:23 PM, Rorossi said:

Sorry for formatting issues, I am on mobile. 

Okay LTT forums, you're my last hope. 

I have an Acer Aspire 4738 of a family member, which BSOD'd a few days ago. Backed up the data in the "C" partition (where 90% of the users data was) using a Linux bootable I had made just for these kind of cases. 

This laptop is slightly unusual, it's got 5gigs of RAM. I was surprised too when I opened it up a few minutes ago. 

The laptop now needs a new OS, win10, no brainer. 

I get by win10 bootable, get the laptop to boot into the win10 setup, so far so good, here's where it gets... Tricky. When you click the "install now" button after the language selection, it just gives me a screen that says "setup is starting" and stays there for the next 30-60 minutes (yes, I actually waited it out). After which it will take me to drive/partition selection, which will refresh for another 20 or so minutes and then let me select a partition. After around 20-25 minutes, I get an error "cannot be installed on this drive" and the setup cancels and starts all over again. 

Now, I think it's because of the weird RAM config, I open it up and take the 1gig stick out, now it's just 4gigs, should be no issues from this point, right?? Nope, the laptop doesn't like the 4gig stick and shuts off as soon as I hit the power button. 

Tried the 1gig stick, boots up like a charm and even boots I to the win10 installer. Now, it's still stuck at the same screen "setup is starting". I still think it's bad RAM. 

Any help/tips are appreciated. Thanks guys. 

Note : BIOS is super basic, there's not a lot of options to fiddle. If anyone wants pictures for my issue, I am more than happy to provide them for further clarification.

Good afternoon. download the windows 10 image.iso from microsoft website, use Rufus to copy the downloaded image to a pendriver. turn on the aspire4732, press F2 and then select to give both in pendriver with windows10

Just now, ricardosaeki said:

Good afternoon. download the windows 10 image.iso from microsoft website, use Rufus to copy the downloaded image to a pendriver. turn on the aspire4732, press F2 and then select to give both in pendriver with windows10

opssss Aspire4738