Upgrading my NITRO+ RX 570

luchofu

Hello everyone.

I have a Rx 570, it's a nice GPU but I'm gonna use it for another build. So it's time to upgrade.

I know there is a lot of threads about this. And I'm sorry to open a new one. I live in Argentina and prices are not only high but we don't have a lot of options to buy.

Anyway, I have an AOC c24fg1 monitor: 1080p 144hz with Freesync, so my first option was an RX 5700 xt nitro+. Until I read all the issues, not with this specific GPU but with RX 5700 line. So now I'm thinking about getting an Nvidia GPU too.

My options so far:

1- SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700 XT u$s 621 (No local seller. 7 days return warranty. After that, directly with Sapphire US)

2- ASUS RTX 2070 SUPER ROG STRIX ADVANCED u$s 764 (Local seller. 12 months warranty. Free copy of COD MW, value: u$s 31.)

3- ASUS RTX 2060 SUPER ROG STRIX ADVANCED u$s 607 (Local seller. 12 months warranty. Free copy of COD MW, value: u$s 31)

4- MSI RX 5700 GAMING X u$s 540 (Local seller. 12 months warranty)

5- GIGABYTE RX5700 GAMING OC u$s 510 (Local seller)

I'm not planning on changing my monitor any time soon and I know that the 5700 xt or 2070s are overkill for 1080p. But I'll probably have this GPU for a few years. So I need help to make a choice. Is too much risk to go with Sapphire? (really love the design and is perfect for my build, but there is no local seller, so if something fails after 7 days, I'll to deal with US support) Does Freesync works like it should on Nvidia?

I can't make a decision and I'm not an expert, so I need some advice. Thank you!

2 hours ago, luchofu said:

Hello everyone.

I have a Rx 570, it's a nice GPU but I'm gonna use it for another build. So it's time to upgrade.

I know there is a lot of threads about this. And I'm sorry to open a new one. I live in Argentina and prices are not only high but we don't have a lot of options to buy.

Anyway, I have an AOC c24fg1 monitor: 1080p 144hz with Freesync, so my first option was an RX 5700 xt nitro+. Until I read all the issues, not with this specific GPU but with RX 5700 line. So now I'm thinking about getting an Nvidia GPU too.

My options so far:

1- SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700 XT u$s 621 (No local seller. 7 days return warranty. After that, directly with Sapphire US)

2- ASUS RTX 2070 SUPER ROG STRIX ADVANCED u$s 764 (Local seller. 12 months warranty. Free copy of COD MW, value: u$s 31.)

3- ASUS RTX 2060 SUPER ROG STRIX ADVANCED u$s 607 (Local seller. 12 months warranty. Free copy of COD MW, value: u$s 31)

4- MSI RX 5700 GAMING X u$s 540 (Local seller. 12 months warranty)

5- GIGABYTE RX5700 GAMING OC u$s 510 (Local seller)

I'm not planning on changing my monitor any time soon and I know that the 5700 xt or 2070s are overkill for 1080p. But I'll probably have this GPU for a few years. So I need help to make a choice. Is too much risk to go with Sapphire? (really love the design and is perfect for my build, but there is no local seller, so if something fails after 7 days, I'll to deal with US support) Does Freesync works like it should on Nvidia?

I can't make a decision and I'm not an expert, so I need some advice. Thank you!

Honestly, the 5700 is a pretty good card for the money. In your situation, the 5700 is probably the way to go... benchmarks: https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/2523?vs=2515