FPS drops in csgo and other games

hardik29

I have ASUS FX504GE laptop with 1050ti and corei5-8300H

after an year of general use i have started gaming on this laptop and have been experiencing 50fps on csgo when everything is set to low and after some rounds the fps drops below 10.

i read somewhere that with 1050ti i could play csgo on high setting but right now cannot even play on the lowest 

any suggestions.

7 minutes ago, hardik29 said:

I have ASUS FX504GE laptop with 1050ti and corei5-8300H

after an year of general use i have started gaming on this laptop and have been experiencing 50fps on csgo when everything is set to low and after some rounds the fps drops below 10.

i read somewhere that with 1050ti i could play csgo on high setting but right now cannot even play on the lowest 

any suggestions.

Most likely your laptop is overheating. Did you use canned air to clean out the fan and heatsinks? If your feeling a bit bold, you can take apart the laptop and reapply higher quality thermal paste. 

Main Workhorse:-

Dual Xeon E5-2687W v3 | SuperMicro X10DAi Dual Socket Workstation Board | 64GB ECC DDR4 2400Mhz | Intel DC Series 500GB SSD | EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X | Seagate 7200rpm 2TB | SuperMicro Gold Series 1Kw PSU | SuperMicro EATX Chassis | LG Ultrawide 34inch 75hz | LG 1080p 22inch IPS 75hz | Ubuntu 19.10 x64 |

Server:-

Dual Xeon E5-2680 v1  | SuperMicro X9DRW-3LN4F+ Server Board | 64GB ECC DDR3 1600Mhz | 7 x Intel DC Series 500GB SSD's | SuperMicro SuperChasis SC119TQ-R700WB 1U | Redundant 450w Gold rated PSU's | ESXi 6.7

Laptop:-

2018 15 inch Apple Macbook Pro Touchbar with 16GB Memory and 256GB NVMe

35 minutes ago, ManyCoresGuy said:

Most likely your laptop is overheating. Did you use canned air to clean out the fan and heatsinks? If your feeling a bit bold, you can take apart the laptop and reapply higher quality thermal paste. 

That is definitely a good suggestion, but first - I think OP needs a laptop cooler - I had the exact same issue with my laptop - then after few months I've decided to get one of these bad boys,  and boom,  works,  can play for hours and it doesn't throttle...

But: do not ever plug the laptop cooler into the laptop,  use an external power source.  You have been warned.

Reasons: should be obvious,  first it can damage your laptop by drawing too much power or cheap USB cables / connections and second since it draws power it can make the laptop throttle again,  this time for power and not heat..  But the risk of damage is obviously a lot more serious so just use external power and there's no issue simply. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

13 hours ago, ManyCoresGuy said:

13 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

That is definitely a good suggestion, but first - I think OP needs a laptop cooler - I had the exact same issue with my laptop - then after few months I've decided to get one of these bad boys,  and boom,  works,  can play for hours and it doesn't throttle...

But: do not ever plug the laptop cooler into the laptop,  use an external power source.  You have been warned.

Reasons: should be obvious,  first it can damage your laptop by drawing too much power or cheap USB cables / connections and second since it draws power it can make the laptop throttle again,  this time for power and not heat..  But the risk of damage is obviously a lot more serious so just use external power and there's no issue simply. 

guys i have seen some videos on net about undervolting my gpu and cpu would that be a good idea as i am a noob in that stuff...

8 hours ago, hardik29 said:

guys i have seen some videos on net about undervolting my gpu and cpu would that be a good idea as i am a noob in that stuff...

You should really try what i mentioned to you first before you go down that rabbit hole.

Main Workhorse:-

Dual Xeon E5-2687W v3 | SuperMicro X10DAi Dual Socket Workstation Board | 64GB ECC DDR4 2400Mhz | Intel DC Series 500GB SSD | EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X | Seagate 7200rpm 2TB | SuperMicro Gold Series 1Kw PSU | SuperMicro EATX Chassis | LG Ultrawide 34inch 75hz | LG 1080p 22inch IPS 75hz | Ubuntu 19.10 x64 |

Server:-

Dual Xeon E5-2680 v1  | SuperMicro X9DRW-3LN4F+ Server Board | 64GB ECC DDR3 1600Mhz | 7 x Intel DC Series 500GB SSD's | SuperMicro SuperChasis SC119TQ-R700WB 1U | Redundant 450w Gold rated PSU's | ESXi 6.7

Laptop:-

2018 15 inch Apple Macbook Pro Touchbar with 16GB Memory and 256GB NVMe