Need suggestions for a new 4K monitor!

Go to solution Solved by Tech4Dogs,

I saw this on NewEgg right now and though it might be a good deal and reviews all 5 stars. It's much cheaper than your budge though.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824025512?Description=4k IPS&cm_re=4k_IPS-_-24-025-512-_-Product

There are two main types of panels. TN and IPS. The TN panels are generally cheaper,  have worse color accuracy, worse viewing angles but higher framerates than IPS panel.  So you probably are looking for a mid to high end range IPS. I'm not up to date on current models so hopefully someone else will chime in.

If you haven't yet make sure your GPU is powerful enough to get a stable 60 FPS. My 1080ti works well for that but my 980 would often get 40 FPS in 4k gaming on demanding games.

I'm looking to buy a new 4K monitor that is 27 inches. My primary usage will be video consumption and some slight gaming. So naturally the focus is on color accuracy (HDR support) and how well the display looks instead of response time. That being said if it is possible to get a monitor that supports higher than 60hz I'd be really happy.

I don't know a ton about monitors and which ones are the most color accurate. If anyone could recommend some that are between $400 - $600 price range that would be great. If this price range isn't realistic for what I want suggestions outside are cool too.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

I saw this on NewEgg right now and though it might be a good deal and reviews all 5 stars. It's much cheaper than your budge though.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824025512?Description=4k IPS&cm_re=4k_IPS-_-24-025-512-_-Product

There are two main types of panels. TN and IPS. The TN panels are generally cheaper,  have worse color accuracy, worse viewing angles but higher framerates than IPS panel.  So you probably are looking for a mid to high end range IPS. I'm not up to date on current models so hopefully someone else will chime in.

If you haven't yet make sure your GPU is powerful enough to get a stable 60 FPS. My 1080ti works well for that but my 980 would often get 40 FPS in 4k gaming on demanding games.