Install MacOS from Linux ?

espr3ss0

This topic is covered a lot but didn't find a complete solution, I want to install MacOS Mojave from Linux but if I can't I do have Windows 10. At the moment Windows 10 is installed on a separate (ssd) hdd when I installed it Grub was automatically installed (already had Ubuntu installed on an m.2 and just ignored it was there) now I see both Linux and Windows as an option. I want to do a test install MacOS Mojave overwriting Windows, the question is will I need to install a bootloader ?

Then the next set of problems ...

I've seen mentions using VMWare but have to avoid it because it really messed up Linux when I tried it last.

This post is saying to not use TonymacX86's tools with no idea why or what alternatives ?

The next post says I need to find a DMG with clover already configured on it.

Any suggestions ?

1 hour ago, espr3ss0 said:

This topic is covered a lot but didn't find a complete solution, I want to install MacOS Mojave from Linux but if I can't I do have Windows 10. At the moment Windows 10 is installed on a separate (ssd) hdd when I installed it Grub was automatically installed (already had Ubuntu installed on an m.2 and just ignored it was there) now I see both Linux and Windows as an option. I want to do a test install MacOS Mojave overwriting Windows, the question is will I need to install a bootloader ?

Then the next set of problems ...

I've seen mentions using VMWare but have to avoid it because it really messed up Linux when I tried it last.

This post is saying to not use TonymacX86's tools with no idea why or what alternatives ?

The next post says I need to find a DMG with clover already configured on it.

Any suggestions ?

There is a lot of missing information here. First what are your hardware specs? Is your motherboard and related components compatible with Mojave as a hackintosh? What guide did you try to follow? Has this been accomplished before with your specific requirements? 

Main Workhorse:-

Dual Xeon E5-2687W v3 | SuperMicro X10DAi Dual Socket Workstation Board | 64GB ECC DDR4 2400Mhz | Intel DC Series 500GB SSD | EVGA Geforce GTX Titan X | Seagate 7200rpm 2TB | SuperMicro Gold Series 1Kw PSU | SuperMicro EATX Chassis | LG Ultrawide 34inch 75hz | LG 1080p 22inch IPS 75hz | Ubuntu 19.10 x64 |

Server:-

Dual Xeon E5-2680 v1  | SuperMicro X9DRW-3LN4F+ Server Board | 64GB ECC DDR3 1600Mhz | 7 x Intel DC Series 500GB SSD's | SuperMicro SuperChasis SC119TQ-R700WB 1U | Redundant 450w Gold rated PSU's | ESXi 6.7

Laptop:-

2018 15 inch Apple Macbook Pro Touchbar with 16GB Memory and 256GB NVMe

I did check but didn't double check however I think my system specs are ok ...

MSI z390 Gaming Edge AC

Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+

i9 9900k

I haven't tried anything yet, trying to get the info I need before I do.