49" - 55" TV for media and gaming

Otatyaro

Hello nice people of the LTT forum.

I´ve finally convinced my wife of changing our old 32" 1080p Samsung TV (not even smart TV, really old device) to a better TV.

Right now we use a PC next to the TV to enjoy the content we want to view (YouTube, Twitch, Amazon Video and Netflix) and use a Switch for gaming and sometimes a PS4.

Things like HDR, 4k and such will probably be welcome but just the change of panel to something newer will be a big win. Desired size would be 49" - 55" (something bigger will not fit)

I currently live in Germany (if that is a necessary data needed for finding deals) and don´t mind buying from China or similar and having it send home.  I would desire to spend no more than 600€ but the cheaper the better as we have a little kid prone to throwing things (that´s why I´m not going for super expensive OLED tvs and such)

21 minutes ago, Otatyaro said:

Hello nice people of the LTT forum.

I´ve finally convinced my wife of changing our old 32" 1080p Samsung TV (not even smart TV, really old device) to a better TV.

Right now we use a PC next to the TV to enjoy the content we want to view (YouTube, Twitch, Amazon Video and Netflix) and use a Switch for gaming and sometimes a PS4.

Things like HDR, 4k and such will probably be welcome but just the change of panel to something newer will be a big win. Desired size would be 49" - 55" (something bigger will not fit)

I currently live in Germany (if that is a necessary data needed for finding deals) and don´t mind buying from China or similar and having it send home.  I would desire to spend no more than 600€ but the cheaper the better as we have a little kid prone to throwing things (that´s why I´m not going for super expensive OLED tvs and such)

https://www.rtings.com/

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/table/10607

Enjoy :)

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |