Help with ram

So I got Corsair vengeance rgb pro 3600 cl18

ryzen 3600 (which supports 3200 max)

asus b450f

i need to under clock my ram to 3200 as I keep getting black screen restarts.

i tried watching loads of videos, reading guides, etc. Etc. I just don’t get it. If someone could tell me exact instructions and numbers to input I would love it. Thanks.

Assuming you tried the Ryzen Memory Calculator and it hasn't worked for you, Buildzoid has some good settings in this video.

It's for a particular set of RAM, but he gives good ranges of settings to try for timings and subtimings and some "safe" numbers that should be good for that, particularly if it's B-die.

Starts around 20 minute mark.

1 minute ago, ZivZulander said:

Assuming you tried the Ryzen Memory Calculator and it hasn't worked for you, Buildzoid has some good settings in this video.

It's for a particular set of RAM, but he gives good ranges of settings to try for timings and subtimings and some "safe" numbers that should be good for that, particularly if it's B-die.

Starts around 20 minute mark.

So slightly different question,

if I entered the exact cas numbers and the other 3 or 4 for the Corsair vengance 3200 kit and the same frequency and voltage and all, would it be as stable as that other kit?

3 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

So slightly different question,

if I entered the exact cas numbers and the other 3 or 4 for the Corsair vengance 3200 kit and the same frequency and voltage and all, would it be as stable as that other kit?

It depends, because if the subtimings, voltage, and other memory settings you are using are from XMP profile or default, the main timings may not be stable.

Also, Ryzen 3600 is perfectly capable of higher than 3200, which is actually more of a base guarantee. 3600 is ideal if your Ininity Fabric is running at stock speed (1800MHz).

2 minutes ago, ZivZulander said:

It depends, because if the subtimings, voltage, and other memory settings you are using are from XMP profile or default, the main timings may not be stable.

Also, Ryzen 3600 is perfectly capable of higher than 3200, which is actually more of a base guarantee. 3600 is ideal if your Ininity Fabric is running at stock speed (1800MHz).

I keep getting black screen restarts though. I’ve even tried higher voltage as suggested by others. I’ve tried 1.4v and 1.425

Just now, The Torrent said:

I keep getting black screen restarts though. I’ve even tried higher voltage as suggested by others. I’ve tried 1.4v and 1.425

These black screen restarts aren’t from a custom profile it’s the docp profile (with increased voltage even )and memtest picks nothing up.

1 minute ago, The Torrent said:

These black screen restarts aren’t from a custom profile it’s the docp profile (with increased voltage even )and memtest picks nothing up.

Are you sure it's your memory causing the reboots, then?

I would make sure you are running latest BIOS. Also ome B450 boards are problematic with Ryzen 3rd gen, but I don't know if that's one of them.

30 minutes ago, ZivZulander said:

Are you sure it's your memory causing the reboots, then?

I would make sure you are running latest BIOS. Also ome B450 boards are problematic with Ryzen 3rd gen, but I don't know if that's one of them.

it doesnt restart when i remove them profile as i have done now.