Acer X34P Calibration

Pedro3755

Hi,

Ive got an Acer X34P which i really like. Recently i decided to use a spare monitor which i have had laying around for few years and have dual monitors. Its an AOC G2460PG. Its a g-sync monitor 144hz and also has a sRGB mode. Oh my god the colors are awesome in this mode, the whites are really white, the blacks are really dark. It makes my X34P colors look washed out. Ive tried various color setting which ive found online but nothing is like this sRGB mode on my old AOC. I dont want the colors to be perfect, i like my games bright, and rich in color like on the AOC.  Have you guys got any idea on settings or how i could calibrate it. Any tips/advise would be most appreciated.

Cheers

5 hours ago, Pedro3755 said:

Hi,

Ive got an Acer X34P which i really like. Recently i decided to use a spare monitor which i have had laying around for few years and have dual monitors. Its an AOC G2460PG. Its a g-sync monitor 144hz and also has a sRGB mode. Oh my god the colors are awesome in this mode, the whites are really white, the blacks are really dark. It makes my X34P colors look washed out. Ive tried various color setting which ive found online but nothing is like this sRGB mode on my old AOC. I dont want the colors to be perfect, i like my games bright, and rich in color like on the AOC.  Have you guys got any idea on settings or how i could calibrate it. Any tips/advise would be most appreciated.

Cheers

The AOC G2560PG is a TN panel, so while u may like a particular profile its highly likely very inaccurate and may well just be a highly over saturated high contrast profile. The 'blacks' will also be far from black, TN panels have some of the worst black levels and contrast ratios around. So 'you' may find it great, but that is likely due to a lack of something actually good to compare it against.

That said the Acer X34p is known to have poor black uniformity, and being an IPS the native glow of the panel wont be helping.

tftcentral have a ICC profile for the x34 u can try, but understand, each ICC profile is specific to the monitor it was made for via a calibration device, so it may be worse for ur particular unit. It should be noted the factory default profiles are rather inaccurate for the x34.

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_predator_x34.htm#calibration

being that ur unit is the x34P, there may be some differences from the above review and ICC profile.

The best option would be for u to rent or buy a calibration device. they can be had rather cheap for under $200, and work with all displays across both Monitors and TVs.

Datacolor and x-rite are good options.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |