Sapphire Nitro + RX 5700 XT Fan Curves

Kenoxabe
Go to solution Solved by BTGbullseye,
5 hours ago, Kenoxabe said:

Hey guys. Just recently purchased a Sapphire Nitro + RX 5700 XT. And as I was playing SW:Jedi Fallen Order, I noticed that the temperature for my GPU was reaching 81c and my Junction Temp was reaching 97c.

You're doing way better than my reference cooler... Your junction is my regular GPU temps, and my junction is 110°-115°. Those temps are not in any way harmful to your GPU.

Is there any way to lower the temps without proper cooling?

What do you mean "without proper cooling? You already have proper cooling on it.

I've already set custom fan curves per temp for my gpu. 

Capture2.JPG

Yeah, but none of them are at 100% fan speed. You WILL get a temperature drop if you increase fan speed.

Hey guys. Just recently purchased a Sapphire Nitro + RX 5700 XT. And as I was playing SW:Jedi Fallen Order, I noticed that the temperature for my GPU was reaching 81c and my Junction Temp was reaching 97c. 

Is there any way to lower the temps without proper cooling? I've already set custom fan curves per temp for my gpu. 

Thank you for the help.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

You're doing way better than my reference cooler... Your junction is my regular GPU temps, and my junction is 110°-115°. Those temps are not in any way harmful to your GPU.

Is there any way to lower the temps without proper cooling?

What do you mean "without proper cooling? You already have proper cooling on it.

I've already set custom fan curves per temp for my gpu. 

Capture2.JPG

Yeah, but none of them are at 100% fan speed. You WILL get a temperature drop if you increase fan speed.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

11 hours ago, Kenoxabe said:

Is there any way to lower the temps without proper cooling? I've already set custom fan curves per temp for my gpu. 

Thank you for the help.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Those temps are actually fine for a 5700XT. My card personally runs around 90C edge and 110C Junction stock and around 80C and 100C with a custom fan curve. As long as your Junction is at or below 115C you are within AMD's Temperature spec. The higher readouts are actually just because of the way AMD is actually reading die temps now, with Junction being the single hottest area. Where as in the past it was only read off an edge temp, much like NVidias current cards and AMD's older cards were.