I need help with my Bluetooth reciever.

MrGoose0
Go to solution Solved by SlayerOfHellWyrm,

Goddamn CSR. Uninstall the device, pull it out, reboot. Plug it into a different USB, then wait for Windows to do it's thing. Had this happen with a StarTech.com Bluetooth adapter, and apparently it's an issue with that chipset specifically.

I have a weird problem with my USB Bluetooth reciever. I reinstalled my windows and everything was working fine - I could connect my wireless headphones and a PS4 controller via Bluetooth

For some reason I decided to plug it in a different USB port and it suddenly stopped working.

I still have my old connected devices saved but I can't connect to them or connect any new bluetooth devices. 
It says the drivers are not working but I already tried every possible driver. Reinstalled all of the ones recommended on endless forums but nothing helps
Win 10 just thinks it's a wireless Bluetooth headset not a Bluetooth reciever. I really don't want to reinstall my windows again. Any suggestions?

image.jpg

Goddamn CSR. Uninstall the device, pull it out, reboot. Plug it into a different USB, then wait for Windows to do it's thing. Had this happen with a StarTech.com Bluetooth adapter, and apparently it's an issue with that chipset specifically.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

On 11/17/2019 at 4:15 AM, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

Thank you! Worked as described.

7 hours ago, MrGoose0 said:

Thank you! Worked as described.

Straight up, not surprised. Standard practice for USB BT, is just let Windows do it, unless you need the software they come with. For instance, stenography machines need CSR Harmony, or BlueSoleil to work correctly, but those are the only things I'm aware of that need those terrible pieces of software.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section