Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SnowWolf370

Steam account put on hold, for not paying?

On 11/22/2019 at 12:38 PM, SnowWolf370 said:

Still no luck.

Normally I don't advocate this but have you tried to 'mass email' them by CC'ing the same email message to every available email address within the company? I've had luck with that a few times when support was not helping me an issue, though never had any reason to do so with Steam/Valve. My good luck with it was when a company vehicle nearly hit me and I was getting nowhere with the automated customer support ticket to lodge a complaint. I CC'd the same email message with my dash cam footage and incident details to every available address in the company, I had a response about the incident and a very concerned employee asking if I had tattled to the local police about it, I had and they weren't happy. Turns out the police don't like it when a school bus blows a stop sign.

Why it works sometimes is because someone higher up will actually read the message and give it to someone to actually handle or someone lower down will see that it's been sent also to their bosses and figure out that they'd better handle it before they get asked about why they're all getting this same email. If nothing else it might at least get someone talking to someone.

On 11/16/2019 at 10:30 PM, The Torrent said:

i cant cope with console graphics anymore since moving to pc.

Just played Iceborn today on PS4.  Same thing,  I can't do it anymore (admittedly the game runs at like 15fps on my PS4...) 

But the High Definition Texture Pack for the Steam version is what finally did it to me lol, I just can't do it anymore. 

Going to sell my PS4 tomorrow,  keep my PS3 though,  I love the thing,  overall quality was also a lot better than PS4. 

I just don't know what to do with my games lol (99% Japanese imports...  I guess I'll either keep them or sell for high price? Hmm!)

RYZEN 5 3600 | MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

4 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

I just don't know what to do with my games

how many hours a week are you playing games?

be honest

2 hours ago, amdorintel said:

how many hours a week are you playing games?

be honest

The PS4  games?  0

Generally?   

MHW since June 1200 hours,  you do the math for me please 😛

RYZEN 5 3600 | MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

14 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

The PS4  games?  0

Generally?   

MHW since June 1200 hours,  you do the math for me please 😛

EDIT: Quoted wrong person.

@SnowWolf370

How many Steam games (paid ones) do you own?

I would advise you not to give up. If you need to, keep creating a support ticket every time they close the last one. I also agree that mass emailing any publicly available Valve employee email addresses is a good idea.

Make sure the email includes a concise but thorough breakdown of events. Don't write a wall of text, since no one will read it, but include important details and events. Use bullet points, for example, and keep things clear and easy to understand.

Also, tweet at Valve. Post on their Facebook page. And yes, contact the BBB - they sometimes will contact a business on your behalf, just so you can get your foot in the door to talk to an actual person.

For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

51 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

How many Steam games (paid ones) do you own?

I would advise you not to give up. If you need to, keep creating a support ticket every time they close the last one. I also agree that mass emailing any publicly available Valve employee email addresses is a good idea.

Make sure the email includes a concise but thorough breakdown of events. Don't write a wall of text, since no one will read it, but include important details and events. Use bullet points, for example, and keep things clear and easy to understand.

Also, tweet at Valve. Post on their Facebook page. And yes, contact the BBB - they sometimes will contact a business on your behalf, just so you can get your foot in the door to talk to an actual person.

I'm not the OP lol.  But I agree with you that's sound advice - except my advice would be a different one,  and that's just pay the few $,  if I understood this correctly it's not more and *then* try to contact Steam about this all and also ask what's up with those transactions if everything else is in the clear... 

Because that's how you handle this usually,  besides not doing charge backs on services you plan to keep using... 

As for Steam not responding I can't really comprehend it   they answer my mails within 24 hours usually... It's always Steve too,  hi Steve!

9 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

I'm not the OP lol.  But I agree with you that's sound advice - except my advice would be a different one,  and that's just pay the few $,  if I understood this correctly it's not more and *then* try to contact Steam about this all and also ask what's up with those transactions if everything else is in the clear... 

Because that's how you handle this usually,  besides not doing charge backs on services you plan to keep using... 

As for Steam not responding I can't really comprehend it   they answer my mails within 24 hours usually... It's always Steve too,  hi Steve!

Oops! wrong quote I guess. I'll edit and tag the OP.

For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

15 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

Escalated the case with authorities and the Better Business Bureau.

Still no response from Steam customer support.

185u4c.jpg

(sorry for the shitpost 0:-) )

Send an email to the CEO of Valve Corporation (Steam).

His name is: Mr Gabe Newell

His email is: gaben@valvesoftware.com

Be polite and explain your situation clearly.

I appreciate your frustrated with the situation but whatever you do don't get a potty mouth as that will get you nowhere fast.

Dance like no ones watching. Encrypt like everyone is.

Mouse potato - The online generations version of a couch potato

7 hours ago, SnowWolf370 said:

Escalated the case with authorities and the Better Business Bureau.

1st of all the better business bureau is a joke, companies pay fees to the bbb and it takes a shit ton of a lot to put a black stain on a company paying fees to the bbb

as far as authorities go, that would be interesting to see that

is it a police report?

7 hours ago, amdorintel said:

s far as authorities go, that would be interesting to see that

is it a police report?

smh...... You dont contact the local police for this problem. Here in the states we have a few places to go. The Federal Trades Commision, part of its job is consumer protections. You contact your states Attorney General, who can make a lot of things happen, because they can bring legal action aginst a company. Each country has its own consumer protection laws, you just gotta figure out who enforces them. 

You ever notice that many establishments have a sign that as "No Shirt, No Shoes, No service"? They never say anything about pants............ You know what that implies. You dont have to wear pants.