Wait or buy now?

TrashComputerBuilder

are you still contented with your current GPU? if so stick with it for now. if you think that the next gen GPU are worth the wait, why not wait . Intel plans to release their Discrete GPU next year too maybe that may be something that can cause a bit of a hype.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

Just now, Martin2132 said:

are you still contented with your current GPU? if so stick with it for now. if you think that the next gen GPU are worth the wait, why not wait . Intel plans to release their Discrete GPU next year too maybe that may be something that can cause a bit of a hype.

Im on a 1050ti how long will that last ?

There is also the upcoming "big Navi" releases to contend with, and they very well could beat out the Nvidia offerings at the same price point.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

Just now, TrashComputerBuilder said:

If you're looking for an upgrade now, I'd say go for an RX 5700 or XT.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

I really want to play new titles though at really high settings so should I wait?

1 minute ago, BTGbullseye said:

If you're looking for an upgrade now, I'd say go for an RX 5700 or XT.

3 minutes ago, TrashComputerBuilder said:

To be honest, it depends. If you are fine with starting to get medium to low settings in games or even a decrease in resolution just to have 60 fps or just lock it at 30fps for a few months, why not. I think 1050Ti is still fine. if not, ye, get the cheaper options first and save up for the next release. just sell whatever GPU you will get now when the time comes.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

I really want to play new titles though at really high settings so should I wait?

The 5700 series, XT in particular, can max out settings in the majority of games at 1440p and still get you at least 60FPS. The ones it can't are just the ones that have settings that push the VRAM usage past 8GB, and have issues using shared RAM stably.

To be honest, it depends. If you are fine with starting to get medium to low settings in games or even a decrease in resolution just to have 60 fps or just lock it at 30fps for a few months, why not. I think 1050Ti is still fine.

I was planning on getting a 2070 Super but heard "leaks" of Ampere so idk
"

Whatever NVidia GPU is coming next at the 2070 SUPER's price point is probably going to perform like the current 2080 or 2080 SUPER.  In other words, it's not going to be enough of a speed bump to get 4K at 90hz with "ultra settings".

So buy the 2070 SUPER now, use it for a few years, then see what's on the market. 

I was planning on getting a 2070 Super but heard "leaks" of Ampere so idk
"

Yeah, no telling what the next gen will actually have. Either buy now at a lower price to hold you over, or be contented with what you have now, or be contented with what you buy now. The choice is yours.

1 minute ago, warrenr said:

Whatever NVidia GPU is coming next at the 2070 SUPER's price point is probably going to perform like the current 2080 or 2080 SUPER.  In other words, it's not going to be enough of a speed bump to get 4K at 90hz with "ultra settings".

So buy the 2070 SUPER now, use it for a few years, then see what's on the market. 

Aight thanks!

Like Jen-Hsun said... Just do it ?

I feel the struggle tho.. doing it for 2 years now?‍♂️