Gpu ( fan speed 100% )

Ayush007

Hello guys ,

(I know many of you have depth experience regarding gpu usage so I think to share my problem, will feel privileged if I can get any one opinion .)

YOUR OPINION ARE HIGHLY VALUABLE 4 ME.

Actually these days I’m working on my PC -4 to 5 hours running  intense software or  game like rdr2 , n I have to put  my gpu fan speed at 100 manually so tht they remain cool as much as possible  ( as I have two rtx 2080ti with triple fan) .

I realise my cpu  cooler throw lot of heat ,( for cpu I have 360l rgb cooler master )

Although putting my gpu fan at 100 my primary gpu temp reach at 67 but today I notice 76’C.

Will this effect my  gpu fan life or cpu??

Regarding Cpu I keep checking through intel 64bit software ( put some stress test on my cpu n tell the result -“pass or fail”)

But not sure about GPU fan life ???

please I need your opinion !!!!

your cordially 

Ayush 

having the fan at 100% all the time does reduce the lifespan of the fan. anything that moves wears down eventually. more movements= more friction which will start to wear down the fan. though I don't think it will wear down that fast. Though it will be a bit faster to wear down if the pc is in constant movement or vibration. 

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

4 minutes ago, Martin2132 said:

having the fan at 100% all the time does reduce the lifespan of the fan. anything that moves wears down eventually. more movements= more friction which will start to wear down the fan. though I don't think it will wear down that fast. Though it will be a bit faster to wear down if the pc is in constant movement or vibration. 

Indeed, but bear in mind that even if the fan was running at 100% speed 24/7/365, it should still last at least 5 years, unless it's a faulty fan.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

20 minutes ago, Martin2132 said:

Thnx MARTIN,

For giving your opinion 

I will keep it my mind 

Bdw what should I do to avoid the circumstance although I hv bought it this year , I guess in  May !!

Edited by Ayush007

16 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Indeed, but bear in mind that even if the fan was running at 100% speed 24/7/365, it should still last at least 5 years, unless it's a faulty fan.

THNX BTGBULLEYE,  for giving valuable Info 

hope my fans are alright ??????????
It’s hardly been 7 months.

Edited by Ayush007

1 minute ago, Ayush007 said:

Bdw what should I do to avoid the circumstance although I hv bought it this year , I guess in  May !!

If you drop it to 90% fan speed, it should increase its lifespan to about double.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

I hope my fans are alright ??????????
It’s hardly been 7 months.

Then you have about 4 years and 5 months left of minimum expected lifespan.

one option is add more case fans. i think your case literally is getting hot since air circulation isnt enough. this will help with the temps and in turn make the fan speed lower.. what is your case exactly? most case nowadays literally place a glass in front and suffocate the interior lol

CURRENT PC SPECS    

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

5 minutes ago, Martin2132 said:

one option is add more case fans. i think your case literally is getting hot since air circulation isnt enough. this will help with the temps and in turn make the fan speed lower.. what is your case exactly? most case nowadays literally place a glass in front and suffocate the interior lol

Well  I have purchased my PC from pre built company Origin !!!

but done some modification like cpu fan - cooler master 360l rgb 

Edited by Ayush007

6 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Then you have about 4 years and 5 months left of minimum expected lifespan.

Well I hope it will ????

Well  I have purchased my PC from pre built company Origin !!!

but done some modification like cpu fan - cooler master 360l rgb 

was it the genesis? if so , have you cleaned the filters? 

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

30 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Wouldn’t that depend on bearing type? 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

57 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Wouldn’t that depend on bearing type? 

I was going off the standard sleeve bearing lifespans. If you don't have them blowing vertically, they do last that long.