Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CT_25

New PC Part List/Potential Bottlenecking

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey everyone,

I am building my first PC using parts from Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I currently own a PC that my friend sold me, which isn't quite doing the trick with newer games today. It's currently got a 1050 Ti and an i3-6100, 8 GB of ram. I'm excited to build my new rig, but I just wanted to run this by some experienced builders to see if there is any potential bottlenecking/areas to improve without increasing in price. The only thing I will be transferring over is my Samsung Evo 860 EVO 1TB and my 1TB WD disk drive (unsure of speed). I will be selling my old computer to a good friend of mine, so I will be starting from scratch mostly. 

With this setup, I plan to mostly game higher end titles, use photoshop and video editing software. I'll be running a dual monitor setup (listed below) for homework and workstation purposes. I don't plan to overclock, and I'd prefer not to water cool.

New PC Part List

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

CPU Cooler: Stock cooler that comes with the Ryzen 5

GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia RTX 2060 Super (Yes, I understand the AMD 5700XT is better, but what can I say. I'm a fan of Nvidia and updating drivers is seamless, I have heard the opposite for AMD)

Motherboard: MSI X570-A Pro ATX A4 Motherboard

RAM: G.Skill Z Neo Series 16GB DDR4 3600

Case: Phanteks P300 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Still undecided, waiting for prices to drop on Black Friday and choose from there, either 550w or 600w Bronze 80+ certified (or higher if the price is right)

Monitor(s): AOC C24G1 24" curved 1080p, 1500R VA panel, 1ms, 144hz that is G-Sync compatible. 

Any thoughts on this build? Any feedback would be great! Thanks everyone. 

the X570-A Pro is crap, pick up a B450-A Pro/ gaming plus/ tomahawk instead. the 550w rosewill capstone is a pretty good deal as-is.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W