DRGB / ARGB Splitter

So I'm planning my next build, but I simply cannot wrap my head around how splitters for ARGB work?

I get that in ARGB every diode has its own controller, and therefore data adress. What I don't get is how that translates when I'm splitting the signal and essentially connecting DRGB devices in parallel.

If I connect 3 RGB strips of varying length to a 3 way ARGB splitter, connected to a single header on the motherboard, will each strip then copy one another? or will I be able to adress every individual strip?

I'm well aware of power limits and such, so I got that covered, but this really bugs me. Does someone have experience dooing this?

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance you can give me! 

if you want each strip to have its own control you have to attach it to its own channel

if you want it to got from strip 1 then to strips 2 then to strips 3 you run the together so data out to data in.

if you want all th cope each other then all the data in are connected together and data out is unused.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

• 3 weeks later...

Having the same problem right now and I don't think I jnderstand it correctly right now.

You said you must connect them to separate channel if you want to individually control them.

Do you mean argb header when you say channel? Are there cables or small controllers for controlling 2 things differently?

9 hours ago, Ar5chK3ks said:

Having the same problem right now and I don't think I jnderstand it correctly right now.

You said you must connect them to separate channel if you want to individually control them.

Do you mean argb header when you say channel? Are there cables or small controllers for controlling 2 things differently?

Splitters will not allow for individual LED control but will essentially have the devices match each other. If you want to have the ability to control every single LED they need to be dasiy chain together. Separate channels essentially more headers allow for the ability to have different lighting zones or chains of ARGB lights. 

22 hours ago, Ar5chK3ks said:

connecting 1 strip to another strip just makes its longer.

connecting  1 strip to 1 controller port meas that strip can be addressed.

if you want another strip address you need another port.

the port can be on a controller or mb header.

rgb 12v meams all leds light up the same color all at once.

argb 5v means each set of leds (normal 3) can be set to a color

a hub or spliter is not a controller port it just  duplicate the port so w/e color is run on that port will also run on the hub or spliter

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links