Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
frozensun

EPS connectors on cable on EVGA 650 P2

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I couldn't understand the EPS connector declaration on this PSU.

Does the cable  have 8-pin from PSU to 8-pin, plus aditional 4+4 on separate lead?This is how I understood from pictures of the cable.

If it does is one cable enough for all modern CPUs (maybe 2700x or even 3900x on X470,I mean do I need 2 EPS cables (another PSU model) at all?

Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't need any more EPS connectors other than the one 8 pin. That already supplies 384W, more than enough for the CPU

ANyways, the PSU mentions this:

Quote

1x 8pin, 1x 8pin (4+4)

That means one of the EPS connectors can be split, the other can't. It probably comes with two cables; one cable is always together, the other can be split.

 

EDIT: This shows the cable set a little bit easier:

image.png.070b199974b83ecf6905199d22bcfee4.png


"So, our goal today is to determine whether the waifu is hot" - Steve, Gamers Nexus

 

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything." - Bathtub Barracuda

"Wish i could find a way to stop the pain.         -         Besides the one that i keep thinking of."

My gear:                    

Spoiler

PC:

The brains: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ||

The torso: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon ||

Short term memory: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz ||

Pixel pusher: EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Gaming || 

Where I store memes: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB || 

Un-heater: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 ||

Carboard box: Thermaltake Core G21 TG ||

Power squid: Corsair RM750x ||

 

Peripherals:

Sound helmet: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm ||

Clickity-clack (sadly not clicky :() : Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB ||

Return the (drawing) slab! : Wacom Intuos Pen Small (2015) ||

Rodent: Asus ROG Gladius ||

Cloth for rodent: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL ||

 

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Setup: Current setup

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, minibois said:

It probably comes with two cables; one cable is always together, the other can be split.

EVGA is weird when it comes to cabling. It's one cable that has one 8 pin EPS and another 4+4 pin EPS. The PCIe cables are also weird, with 6+2 pin PCIe and 6 pin PCIe per cable. 

https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2015/09/28/evga-supernova-650-p2-power-supply/2/

 

 

One 8 pin is definitely enough. Using the extra 4 pin wouldn't help at all, as the connection on the PSU side is 8 pins anyway. 


 

Quote

Women. They are a complete mystery.

-Stephen Hawking

 

I think the hoomans put their builds here?

Why do you hoomans give your builds a name? Here's my build, which I shall call "Do as I Say, Not As I Do" (seriously, don't get this build)

Spoiler

Ryzen 1500X @3,925 GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo + 2x ML120

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CL15 (Micron B-die) @2933 MHz

Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X @1120 MHz / 1450 MHz

120GB 850 Evo

120GB Kingston SSD

500GB WD Blue

Cooler Master Elite 430

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Logitech G710 with Kailh Box Jade

Logitech G502

HyperX Cloud

And my laptop, which I shall call "If It's Stupid But It Works" (It can actually play CS:GO at 50 FPS, and Civ V at 25 FPS)

Spoiler

Lenovo Thinkpad L460

Intel Core i3 6100U

4GB (probably) DDR4 2133 MHz

Intel HD Graphics 520 0.3-1.0 GHz

128GB Samsung MZ7LF128HCHP

Corsair M65 Pro RGB (worst mouse I've ever had)

Sennheiser CX 5.00G

And here would be where I would put a picture of my cat. But apparently, images are not allowed here. So take this instead (*ΦωΦ*)

Hello fellow night theme users

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

so is the one cable from 650 P2 enough for even ryzen 3900x in the future?

Currrently I will buy 2700X,he needs only 1 8pin right?

So it has 2 connectors at the end one 8 pin and second 4+4 on seprate lead,right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, frozensun said:

so is the one cable from 650 P2 enough for even ryzen 3900x in the future?

Yes.

Quote

Currrently I will buy 2700X,he needs only 1 8pin right?

Yes.

Quote

So it has 2 connectors at the end one 8 pin and second 4+4 on seprate lead,right?

One cable that has an 8 pin EPS and on the end of the cable a 4+4 sprouts out.


"So, our goal today is to determine whether the waifu is hot" - Steve, Gamers Nexus

 

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything." - Bathtub Barracuda

"Wish i could find a way to stop the pain.         -         Besides the one that i keep thinking of."

My gear:                    

Spoiler

PC:

The brains: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ||

The torso: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon ||

Short term memory: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz ||

Pixel pusher: EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Gaming || 

Where I store memes: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB || 

Un-heater: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 ||

Carboard box: Thermaltake Core G21 TG ||

Power squid: Corsair RM750x ||

 

Peripherals:

Sound helmet: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm ||

Clickity-clack (sadly not clicky :() : Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB ||

Return the (drawing) slab! : Wacom Intuos Pen Small (2015) ||

Rodent: Asus ROG Gladius ||

Cloth for rodent: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL ||

 

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Setup: Current setup

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, frozensun said:

so is the one cable from 650 P2 enough for even ryzen 3900x in the future?

Currrently I will buy 2700X,he needs only 1 8pin right?

So it has 2 connectors at the end one 8 pin and second 4+4 on seprate lead,right?

Read this

25 minutes ago, seon123 said:

EVGA is weird when it comes to cabling. It's one cable that has one 8 pin EPS and another 4+4 pin EPS. The PCIe cables are also weird, with 6+2 pin PCIe and 6 pin PCIe per cable. 

https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2015/09/28/evga-supernova-650-p2-power-supply/2/

 

 

One 8 pin is definitely enough. Using the extra 4 pin wouldn't help at all, as the connection on the PSU side is 8 pins anyway. 

 


 

Quote

Women. They are a complete mystery.

-Stephen Hawking

 

I think the hoomans put their builds here?

Why do you hoomans give your builds a name? Here's my build, which I shall call "Do as I Say, Not As I Do" (seriously, don't get this build)

Spoiler

Ryzen 1500X @3,925 GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo + 2x ML120

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CL15 (Micron B-die) @2933 MHz

Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X @1120 MHz / 1450 MHz

120GB 850 Evo

120GB Kingston SSD

500GB WD Blue

Cooler Master Elite 430

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Logitech G710 with Kailh Box Jade

Logitech G502

HyperX Cloud

And my laptop, which I shall call "If It's Stupid But It Works" (It can actually play CS:GO at 50 FPS, and Civ V at 25 FPS)

Spoiler

Lenovo Thinkpad L460

Intel Core i3 6100U

4GB (probably) DDR4 2133 MHz

Intel HD Graphics 520 0.3-1.0 GHz

128GB Samsung MZ7LF128HCHP

Corsair M65 Pro RGB (worst mouse I've ever had)

Sennheiser CX 5.00G

And here would be where I would put a picture of my cat. But apparently, images are not allowed here. So take this instead (*ΦωΦ*)

Hello fellow night theme users

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Ok guys basically I just wanted to know if this PSU eps cable is enough for ryzen platform.

Why the hell then some PSU give 2 cpu power cables with it?

Who needs 2 CPU power cables?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Threadripper processors, HEDT processors from Intel.

 

Threadripper has a 250w TDP and will consume up to around 300 watts, which is very close to the maximum limit of a single 8 pin connector, so for safety and to reduce losses in the cables and to prevent overheating of connectors, motherboards come with two connectors.

The Intel HEDT processors can consume up to 400-500w in some scenarios (short periods, or when using AVX 512 instruction set for some operations)

 

An 8-12 core Ryzen 3rd generation probably consumes up to 200w or so. The top 16 core one probably won't get close to 250w

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Ok guys thanks.

I'll never buy TR so this PSU is good to go for me,right?

For 2700x soon,and possibly in future 3900x.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Ok guys thanks.

I'll never buy TR so this PSU is good to go for me,right?

For 2700x soon,and possibly in future 3900x.

Depends on what other options are available, and for what prices. 


 

Quote

Women. They are a complete mystery.

-Stephen Hawking

 

I think the hoomans put their builds here?

Why do you hoomans give your builds a name? Here's my build, which I shall call "Do as I Say, Not As I Do" (seriously, don't get this build)

Spoiler

Ryzen 1500X @3,925 GHz

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo + 2x ML120

MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz CL15 (Micron B-die) @2933 MHz

Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X @1120 MHz / 1450 MHz

120GB 850 Evo

120GB Kingston SSD

500GB WD Blue

Cooler Master Elite 430

Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Logitech G710 with Kailh Box Jade

Logitech G502

HyperX Cloud

And my laptop, which I shall call "If It's Stupid But It Works" (It can actually play CS:GO at 50 FPS, and Civ V at 25 FPS)

Spoiler

Lenovo Thinkpad L460

Intel Core i3 6100U

4GB (probably) DDR4 2133 MHz

Intel HD Graphics 520 0.3-1.0 GHz

128GB Samsung MZ7LF128HCHP

Corsair M65 Pro RGB (worst mouse I've ever had)

Sennheiser CX 5.00G

And here would be where I would put a picture of my cat. But apparently, images are not allowed here. So take this instead (*ΦωΦ*)

Hello fellow night theme users

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, 650w is pretty much enough for any modern system with a single video card.

 

If a 3900x or something better works in the future for you, that depends more on the motherboard you have. Some have kind of weak VRMs or weak heatsinks on the VRMs (the circuit which converts 12v to the voltage the cpu needs) so they shouldn't be used for more than 8 core cpus.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×