EPS connectors on cable on EVGA 650 P2

frozensun

I couldn't understand the EPS connector declaration on this PSU.

Does the cable  have 8-pin from PSU to 8-pin, plus aditional 4+4 on separate lead?This is how I understood from pictures of the cable.

If it does is one cable enough for all modern CPUs (maybe 2700x or even 3900x on X470,I mean do I need 2 EPS cables (another PSU model) at all?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

You don't need any more EPS connectors other than the one 8 pin. That already supplies 384W, more than enough for the CPU

ANyways, the PSU mentions this:

1x 8pin, 1x 8pin (4+4)

That means one of the EPS connectors can be split, the other can't. It probably comes with two cables; one cable is always together, the other can be split.

EDIT: This shows the cable set a little bit easier:

image.png.070b199974b83ecf6905199d22bcfee4.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

It probably comes with two cables; one cable is always together, the other can be split.

EVGA is weird when it comes to cabling. It's one cable that has one 8 pin EPS and another 4+4 pin EPS. The PCIe cables are also weird, with 6+2 pin PCIe and 6 pin PCIe per cable. 

https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2015/09/28/evga-supernova-650-p2-power-supply/2/

One 8 pin is definitely enough. Using the extra 4 pin wouldn't help at all, as the connection on the PSU side is 8 pins anyway. 

:)

so is the one cable from 650 P2 enough for even ryzen 3900x in the future?

Currrently I will buy 2700X,he needs only 1 8pin right?

So it has 2 connectors at the end one 8 pin and second 4+4 on seprate lead,right?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

9 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Yes.

Yes.

So it has 2 connectors at the end one 8 pin and second 4+4 on seprate lead,right?

One cable that has an 8 pin EPS and on the end of the cable a 4+4 sprouts out.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

13 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Read this

25 minutes ago, seon123 said:

EVGA is weird when it comes to cabling. It's one cable that has one 8 pin EPS and another 4+4 pin EPS. The PCIe cables are also weird, with 6+2 pin PCIe and 6 pin PCIe per cable. 

https://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2015/09/28/evga-supernova-650-p2-power-supply/2/

One 8 pin is definitely enough. Using the extra 4 pin wouldn't help at all, as the connection on the PSU side is 8 pins anyway. 

Ok guys basically I just wanted to know if this PSU eps cable is enough for ryzen platform.

Why the hell then some PSU give 2 cpu power cables with it?

Who needs 2 CPU power cables?

Threadripper processors, HEDT processors from Intel.

Threadripper has a 250w TDP and will consume up to around 300 watts, which is very close to the maximum limit of a single 8 pin connector, so for safety and to reduce losses in the cables and to prevent overheating of connectors, motherboards come with two connectors.

The Intel HEDT processors can consume up to 400-500w in some scenarios (short periods, or when using AVX 512 instruction set for some operations)

An 8-12 core Ryzen 3rd generation probably consumes up to 200w or so. The top 16 core one probably won't get close to 250w

Ok guys thanks.

I'll never buy TR so this PSU is good to go for me,right?

For 2700x soon,and possibly in future 3900x.

4 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Ok guys thanks.

I'll never buy TR so this PSU is good to go for me,right?

For 2700x soon,and possibly in future 3900x.

Depends on what other options are available, and for what prices. 

Yes, 650w is pretty much enough for any modern system with a single video card.

If a 3900x or something better works in the future for you, that depends more on the motherboard you have. Some have kind of weak VRMs or weak heatsinks on the VRMs (the circuit which converts 12v to the voltage the cpu needs) so they shouldn't be used for more than 8 core cpus.

Yeah I know,I'd use Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi which has great VRM section.