Running SteamVR Games on Oculus Rift

bcuz
Go to solution Solved by bcuz,

For anyone still interested, I found out it was an issue with Razer Synapse. Once I closed it, everything worked great!

I recently bought an Oculus Rift w/ touch controllers and three sensors from a friend, and when I first tried it out, it worked fine. After the first run, I started having an issue running steamVR games on the rift. I can open SteamVR and it works normally, but as soon as I try to open a game, my frame rate drops to less than 1fps, my tracking goes crazy, I get a message saying one of my sensors has disconnected (I have tried switching the sensor and using a different USB port), and I have to force quit SteamVR or wait for it to crash. The strangest part is that I can run Oculus games with zero issues. I purchased some vr games a few months back on SteamVR to go with my new headset (which I returned), and I would prefer not to re-purchase them.

Let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks!

(I'm using a Razer Blade 15 Advanced 2019, with an RTX 2070 Max-Q, i7-9750H, 16GB ram, 1TB NVMe SSD)

are you using a USB hub? 

my Rift hates hubs. 

are you launching the game from within the VR or launching it from desktop directly? i'd suggest from desktop directly if you can.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

21 hours ago, VioDuskar said:

are you using a USB hub? 

my Rift hates hubs. 

are you launching the game from within the VR or launching it from desktop directly? i'd suggest from desktop directly if you can.

I'm not using any hubs. After noticing the issue I connected a third controller using a USB C to A adapter, but it works exactly the same (but with better tracking).

I was launching the game via VR, but I just tried through the desktop and it made no difference.

• 3 months later...

For anyone still interested, I found out it was an issue with Razer Synapse. Once I closed it, everything worked great!