Maximus V extreme windows installation

Yousef2002

Hi Im wondering how i should install windows from a usb stick. I dont know what bios settings to turn on/off so i can go into the windows installation. I have a maximus V extreme. 

34 minutes ago, Yousef2002 said:

Hi Im wondering how i should install windows from a usb stick. I dont know what bios settings to turn on/off so i can go into the windows installation. I have a maximus V extreme. 

use microsoft's Download assistant to make a bootable USB drive, then go into your boot options and select your USB drive to boot to, then windows install should begin. 

your MoBo should have an easy UEFI that lets you just click the drive you want to boot to. 

if not, go to boot options, then change boot priority, make "removable media" the first boot device. (removable media may be named something else.)

you may also need to enable legacy boot if you're trying to load an older version of windows. 

always use the USB 2.0 ports on the back of the MoBo, not 3.0 ports or Case header ports. 

you cannot boot Win7 or older onto an M.2 drive, as the installation media does not have the drivers to recognize the new hardware. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

11 hours ago, VioDuskar said:

use microsoft's Download assistant to make a bootable USB drive, then go into your boot options and select your USB drive to boot to, then windows install should begin. 

your MoBo should have an easy UEFI that lets you just click the drive you want to boot to. 

if not, go to boot options, then change boot priority, make "removable media" the first boot device. (removable media may be named something else.)

you may also need to enable legacy boot if you're trying to load an older version of windows. 

always use the USB 2.0 ports on the back of the MoBo, not 3.0 ports or Case header ports. 

you cannot boot Win7 or older onto an M.2 drive, as the installation media does not have the drivers to recognize the new hardware. 

Hey so i Did these steps but im getting a blue screen error. I tried using the usb on a diffrent computer and when i booted from legacy it worked fine. Maybe if there is a way i can switch the usb from Uefi to legacy would that help?

17 hours ago, VioDuskar said:

I think my problem is with the motherboard so im gonna get a new one thanks for the help