Gamefreak lies about not reusing models in pokemon sword and shield (spoilers)

spartaman64
1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Again, speculation on a highly questionable leak.

its datamined directly from the game files

Just now, spartaman64 said:

they said they did it so they can make new models except the models seem to be literally ported from sun and moon so whats their excuse now?

I dont know enough about game dev to say anything about that.

Maybe they lied. idk id wait for factual proof first.

But even if they did i wouldnt personally hold it against them. People lie all the time to get whiners to stop bitching. the vocal minority are the ones complaining and constantly annoying them on social media. Honestly the whole argument in the first place was asinine to me.

The games going to be huge. even the majority of the people on social media who say they wont be buying it will break down and buy it or get it as a gift and play it.

Id make a horrible pr person tbh. If i was them id tell people to get over it or dont play it. knowing full well that its going to be huge no matter the vocal minority say.

its datamined directly from the game files

Game isn't out yet.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, RonnieOP said:

I dont know enough about game dev to say anything about that.

Maybe they lied. idk id wait for factual proof first.

But even if they did i wouldnt personally hold it against them. People lie all the time to get whiners to stop bitching. the vocal minority are the ones complaining and constantly annoying them on social media. Honestly the whole argument in the first place was asinine to me.

The games going to be huge. even the majority of the people on social media who say they wont be buying it will break down and buy it or get it as a gift and play it.

Id make a horrible pr person tbh. If i was them id tell people to get over it or dont play it. knowing full well that its going to be huge no matter the vocal minority say.

i havent made up my mind whether to buy it if its a good game then ill buy it if they cut too many corners and its a bad game i wont but either way i lost a little respect for gamefreak 

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Game isn't out yet.

you can download it but cant play yet

i havent made up my mind whether to buy it if its a good game then ill buy it if they cut too many corners and its a bad game i wont but either way i lost a little respect for gamefreak 

Dont lose respect for them. Lose respect for the world we live in where people think that because they can make an email address and a screen name they are owed everything and that they deserve their questions answered. Unless you are putting your time and money into the project you really arent owed anything. dont preorder and only buy once reviews and gameplay are out. but when youve invested nothing i dont see where the entitlement comes into play.

Like i said. if i were them i would of played it differently. but in a way that wouldve had the vocal minority even more upset lol

1 hour ago, RonnieOP said:

Dont lose respect for them. Lose respect for the world we live in where people think that because they can make an email address and a screen name they are owed everything and that they deserve their questions answered. Unless you are putting your time and money into the project you really arent owed anything. dont preorder and only buy once reviews and gameplay are out. but when youve invested nothing i dont see where the entitlement comes into play.

Like i said. if i were them i would of played it differently. but in a way that wouldve had the vocal minority even more upset lol

you are acting like they have no choice but to lie. and they would not be more upset than they are now if you told the truth

you are acting like they have no choice but to lie. and they would not be more upset than they are now if you told the truth

no they did have a choice. they maybe decided to lie. What im saying is i can understand the lie and why they did it (if they in fact did do it). I personally wouldnt of even thought of lying. i wouldve told them to get over it. they chose the less rude way od answering the question.

its honestly one of the dumbest outrages i can think of in video games in a long time. makes zero sense to me.

8 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

you can download it but cant play yet

You're not going to be able to datamine the preload package. Until the 15th, it's a 10.3GB locked folder that's unavailable to users. Trying to access the eShop from a jailbroken switch results in a ban, and jailbreaking a switch with the game on it wipes out the game. With stock software, you're getting nowhere near the game code.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

36 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

they can add more later. which they will probably do if they are smart.

It has already been stated that there are no plans to complete the National Dex in Sw&Sh, and future titles are very likely to also have an incomplete National Dex. Essentially, if you move over your Pokemon from Bank to Home, your Pokemon are held hostage until Game Freak decides to create a title that features them, which is my only gripe with the lack of a national dex and refusal to ever expand it in an era of downloadable content.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

You're not going to be able to datamine the preload package. Until the 15th, it's a 10.3GB locked folder that's unavailable to users. Trying to access the eShop from a jailbroken switch results in a ban, and jailbreaking a switch with the game on it wipes out the game. With stock software, you're getting nowhere near the game code.

im not sure how they are getting access but they are and they datamined the entire pokedex also

part1of2c.png?width=735&height=544

im not sure how they are getting access but they are and they datamined the entire pokedex also

Again, speculation based upon questionable leaks.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Honestly the biggest thing that pisses me off about this game is both blatant favoritism towards the 'conventional favorites' and also that there is exactly 1 non-Gen 8 starter trio. 1 and it just happens to be Charmander.

But lieing about that stuff doesn't make me less annoyed. 

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Again, speculation based upon questionable leaks.

https://dotesports.com/news/people-are-already-streaming-pokemon-sword-and-shield-on-twitch

apparently some people managed to get copies already 

1 hour ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

@spartaman64 If you're really that upset, then don't buy the game. Don't buy anything Pokemon related from here on out. Just burn your bridges and move on.

I don't know why we're even bothering arguing anymore.

you dont understand again. im not upset its more that im worried. i dont hate pokemon. quite the opposite i own probably over 2000 dollars worth of pokemon cards. if you dont agree with what im worried about then fine thats your opinion but i dont understand why you all are so invested in shutting me down and misconstruing my intentions and what i mean

4 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

you dont understand again. im not upset its more that im worried. i dont hate pokemon. quite the opposite i own probably over 2000 dollars worth of pokemon cards. if you dont agree with what im worried about then fine thats your opinion but i dont understand why you all are so invested in shutting me down

Because this is fear mongering based on evidence that people find questionable. This is also the first time something like this has happened. Let's revisit this in another two-three years and see what the state of Pokemon on consoles is before we start throwing our arms up in the air that Pokemon is ruined, which I would argue, people many times said it was ruined. If you are vindicated, okay, cool. You'll get brownie points.

Until then, vote with your wallet and tell others to do the same.

2 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

4 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

did you guys read my post thats not the problem here

3 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

i dont think you guys understand. this isnt like buying a vacuum cleaner for us where if a company doesnt make a vacuum cleaner i like i buy another one. its not about the money. it doesnt matter if they are charging 200 dollars for the game or giving it away for free. its like when my cat got lost outside my parents told me they can get me another one. they are not something you can easily replace for me. but yeah you are right im waiting for the release before i pass any final judgement

2 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

like i said before i know they eventually have to cut pokemon but i didnt expect them to do so many at once

@Mira Yurizaki does this seem like the words of someone blinded by rage and want to burn the pokemon franchise to the ground?

Just now, Mira Yurizaki said:

people many times said it was ruined.

I blame the lack of new Eeveelutions for ruining Pokemon.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Because this is fear mongering based on evidence that people find questionable. This is also the first time something like this has happened. Let's revisit this in another two-three years and see what the state of Pokemon on consoles is before we start throwing our arms up in the air that Pokemon is ruined, which I would argue, people many times said it was ruined. If you are vindicated, okay, cool. You'll get brownie points.

Until then, vote with your wallet and tell others to do the same.

ive never said that pokemon is ruined i said 1. gamefreak lied about new models 2. i dont believe removing the national dex is a good thing 3. dont preorder thats pretty much it. you guys are acting like i want to burn gamefreak employees at the stake or something

11 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

ive never said that pokemon is ruined

You said you were worried. Without specifying anything I had to assume. So I went with what I thought was logical: Pokemon is going downhill. i.e, ruined.

i said 1. gamefreak lied about new models

Which again is based on dubious evidence.

2. i dont believe removing the national dex is a good thing

Okay.

3. dont preorder thats pretty much it.

Okay

you guys are acting like i want to burn gamefreak employees at the stake or something

No, I'm acting like you're reacting on emotional whims because of what you think about 1 and 2. But I guess I'm getting a little heated in this too.

The only people I feel who are eating this up are people who are already hurt about the lack of everyone Pokemon being available.

15 hours ago, comander said:

Let's do some basic math. 

You have 800 pokemon. 
There are then 64000 combinations you could have in battle. 
There are 100 levels...
There are then 640,000,000 combinations. 

Each pokemon can learn an average of 100 moves...

There are then 6,400,000,000,000 combinations. For 1v1 battles. This doesn't include 1v6; 3v3, etc. 
It also doesn't account for doubles battles, triples, reverse battles, gimmicks like dynamax, megaevolution or special moves... 

Honestly, it's a HUGE HUGE mess to QA, even with a lot of automation tools. 

Cutting to a smaller size can result in a MUCH MUCH more polished experience. 

This includes in-game and competitive. 

I don't really think that matters. I suspect the basic logic does not deviate much from the first installment. Basically all the balancing and logic should already be there from the previous installments. It's not like the premise or gameloop changes that much.

It's still much work to make a new game (map,story, new gen monsters,port it to a new console,...) however the base is there and has been tested/improved upon since the nineties.

15 hours ago, samcool55 said:

You forgot that not every pokemon has the same stats.

There is a level of randomness to it. Speed, attack, defense, all those things are different from pokemon to pokemon.

Even if the pokemons are the same, like pikachu vs pikachu.

And they can change a LOT, like, insane.

Bulbasaur for example at level 100 has attack points between 92 and 216, that's a massive gap.

https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/bulbasaur

Also iv training. 

They could have at least kept the first 150 seeing as these are the ones we started with

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

There is a lot of real life stuff that should cause legitimate outrage and yet people are more concerned about a pokemon game. Really asounding priorities!

34 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

There is a lot of real life stuff that should cause legitimate outrage and yet people are more concerned about a pokemon game. Really asounding priorities!

you can say that about anything on this forum. why are people outraged about apple when theres world hunger. why are people outraged about facebook spying when theres terrorism. dont you dare complain about fallout 76 being pay to win when cancer still exists. and i bet theres a series or a franchise that you love and would be concerned about if the creators seem to be going in the wrong direction

27 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

you can say that about anything on this forum. why are people outraged about apple when theres world hunger. why are people outraged about facebook spying when theres terrorism. dont you dare complain about fallout 76 being pay to win when cancer still exists. and i bet theres a series or a franchise that you love and would be concerned about if the creators seem to be going in the wrong direction

I have to concede that point. I should have thought more about it