Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vandriin

Factory reset fail

Posted · Original PosterOP

Ok, I'm stuck and could use some advice. Google is not my friend. I can't find a single post with the issue I'm looking at. I was given a laptop(no recovery disc or anything) by my friend, but she for the password. I attempted a factory reset for Windows 10. It made it to about 20% and said not all files were removed. Now, it says there is no operating system, to disconnect devices that don't have anything to boot from, and to press cntrl alt del to restart. Best part is, I can't get into setup because it wants the password that noone has. I currently have a brick...At least this brick was free. 

Any info would be great.

do you have windows installer? i think using a windows installer in a USB stick will help clear it up.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

PS: i cooled a Ryzen 5 3600(65W) with ID cooling SE207 (200W-250W tdp lol)

Reinstall windows. The "password" you where given was that the license key? Or the user password for the PC?

You can download windows here and make a bootable USB: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 

If you don't have the license key, you can get one for cheap: https://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Windows-10-Professional-CD-Key-(Digital-Download).html

CPU: Intel i7 9700K@testing new settings| Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero | RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb, 4400mhz (B-Die) | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | 

Mon: Samsung C27HG70 27" 144Hz Freesync - G-Sync compatible(ish) | GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC Black Edition | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | 

Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout | Storage: Corsair MP510 960gb | Cooling: CPU: Kraken X62 - GPU: Kraken X42 - both with Noctua NF-A14's |

Ryzen rig for LAN/Backup