Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
food158

IEMs for Around $150

Posted · Original PosterOP

Apparently the KZ ZS10 Pro's sound as good as $150 though? Bring me the chifi, thank you.

I use AKG k712's, and i do like it's sound signature, for whatever that opinion is worth.

Thinking of:

Moondrop KXXS, it's kind of ugly but i'll live

Ikko OH10

BGVP DM6

iSine LX

Campfire Comet

Sony WF

wanna go cheap? go get KZ AS 10 or something. its about $50

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

PS: i cooled a Ryzen 5 3600(65W) with ID cooling SE207 (200W-250W tdp lol)

15 hours ago, food158 said:

I don't have to go that cheap lol

ey, its pretty good . its actually comparable to the BGVP DM6. though its more on the neutral side

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

PS: i cooled a Ryzen 5 3600(65W) with ID cooling SE207 (200W-250W tdp lol)

I really like my RHA T20s. Massdrop had a pair of JVC x Massdrop in ears that looked super solid as well...though I can't remember what the model was called.

I also think they were a tad more expensive.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Im a big fan of my shure se215's. The foam tips wear down pretty fast so you'll find yourself replacing them every couple months, but sound wise and comfort wise they're my go to for around the 100$ mark. I;ve run through probably about two pairs in the last few years, and thats only because i accidentally washed the jacket with them in the pocket. The cable is a bit finicky, but third party cables do exist for them as well.

Ive run some of the cheaper iems for stuff like my piano work and i just have never found a pair for less than 80$ give or take that lasted, or was comfortable while still sounding good. Monoprice had some seriously good sounding cheap ones, but the wires on them felt like freaking floss and they broke within 4 months.

Not the most neutral if you're looking for seriously neutral, flat sound if you're planning on mixing with it or something, but for casual listening i find them just damn good.

Updated Build 2019 | 3700X | EVGA FTW 1080 | 16gb 3200mhz HyperX Predator | Aorus b450 | Phanteks p300 Eclipse | MSI Optix MAG271cqr | Sennheiser 558 + MXL 770 + Soundblaster K3+

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

I really like my RHA T20s. Massdrop had a pair of JVC x Massdrop in ears that looked super solid as well...though I can't remember what the model was called.

I also think they were a tad more expensive.

I remember these, but now that the iem game is more saturated I wonder how the T20 compares to the other options.

10 minutes ago, food158 said:

I remember these, but now that the iem game is more saturated I wonder how the T20 compares to the other options.

Depends what kind of sound you like...I liked how they had the swappable tips, since I like a little more bass (and these are supposed to have better bass than most).

Those Ikkos, aside from the box, look sexy AF though...

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Depends what kind of sound you like...I liked how they had the swappable tips, since I like a little more bass (and these are supposed to have better bass than most).

Those Ikkos, aside from the box, look sexy AF though...

I like cleaner sound, but still warm. Ikko OH1's might be better than the oh10 in this regard actually.

Problem is that nobody seems to compare the old, established iems to the new stuff coming out.

7 minutes ago, food158 said:

I like cleaner sound, but still warm. Ikko OH1's might be better than the oh10 in this regard actually.

Problem is that nobody seems to compare the old, established iems to the new stuff coming out.

I just watched a review on it annnnnd it was...decent. Have you ever watched Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews?
He's a bit rough but I tend to trust his opinion, and he tests a lot of stuff, both newer and established.

....he also sounds like Bill Burr which makes me chuckle.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, food158 said:

Apparently the KZ ZS10 Pro's sound as good as $150 though? Bring me the chifi, thank you.

I use AKG k712's, and i do like it's sound signature, for whatever that opinion is worth.

Thinking of:

Moondrop KXXS, it's kind of ugly but i'll live

Ikko OH10

BGVP DM6

iSine LX

Campfire Comet

Sony WF

I know that I’m completely off the rails here. But the best sound for the money comes from an exciter speaker and a board of polystyrene. Add an amp to that and you have amazing sound for less than  $30 and $80 if you add a cheap China amp. 

Considered the shouer tape, Tin p1, and tin t4? I would disagree with tbe kz comment cause I find a $35 iem the Blon bl03 sounds better than the kzs10 pro. And the moondroo kanas pro sounds better than both I haven't got my hand on the kxxs yet but apparently sound better than the kanas. Personally at this price point I would kinda stay away from any western manufacturers cause really Chifi is where it's at At this price range

***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 1300x  Motherboard: b350 PC mate RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiioe10k, fiio ubtr---> Tin hifi T3, Koss ksc 75,Blon 03

AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40