Cleaning passwords and usernames

Mathieu9836

I'm leaving my current employer and i have a laptop that i'm currently using to work, it will stay at my work bay. I'm trying to find a tool that will erase every passwords and usernames on the brownser or anywhere else since i used it to buy stuff on neweggs while on lunch time and using it to come here. I can't reinstall windows since there is software that i don't have the password to install or the required user access. Any help will be appreciated.

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

In the privacy settings you should be able to erase everything, including history, cookies, etc.  That should be enough unless they feel like running data recovery software and breaking into the storage file where all that used to be.  If you're concerned that there is a possibility of this, simply change all the passwords you used for accounts you used on that computer (using a different computer of course)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

A little off topic but:

-Try to make sure to have 2 factor authentication wherever and whenever possible.

-Don't reuse the same password across different websites.

-Don't do personal things on a company-owned computer!

I'm not worried about them trying to find anything, i just want to make sure there won't be any automatic connection to anything i used on this laptop.

I'm almost already done BTW, i also uninstalled softwares i was using to work that i paid for.

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

Additionally, any competent IT department will "factory reset" the machine after you give it back so it's ready to then pass on to someone else, so while it is a good idea to do what you're saying, theoretically it shouldn't even be necessary.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Mathieu9836 said:

I'm not worried about them trying to find anything, i just want to make sure there won't be any automatic connection to anything i used on this laptop.

Then as stated in prior posts, just make sure you clear all cookies/data from the browsers.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Additionally, any competent IT department will "factory reset" the machine after you give it back so it's ready to then pass on to someone else, so while it is a good idea to do what you're saying, theoretically it shouldn't even be necessary.

It'S a car dealership, me and the other tech have our ''own'' laptops to punch on work orders and search troubleshooting stuff, there won't be anybody doing a factory reset, i was the non official PC tech..... they can't even update windows....

Just now, Mathieu9836 said:

It'S a car dealership, me and the other tech have our ''own'' laptops to punch on work orders and search troubleshooting stuff, there won't be anybody doing a factory reset, i was the non official PC tech..... they can't even update windows....

Oh no xD well then it sounds like they're going to slowly crumble and go bankrupt in the months following your absence lol but as for the issue at hand, if you've cleared that stuff then you're good to go.

And in the next shop ill buy my own laptop eventually, so they won't have access to anything personal.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Oh no xD well then it sounds like they're going to slowly crumble and go bankrupt in the months following your absence lol but as for the issue at hand, if you've cleared that stuff then you're good to go.

I even deleted the cloud access to all TSBs, quick reference stuff and software i downloaded to fix our own stuff ? can't wait for their call next week to ask where all these things are gone.

P.S. I did the cloud access to help them find quicker the infos they needed fast on my dime at home.

As someone in IT, There would be no reason not to reset browsers and such on a device that is company owned. They might backup the files on the device as they could contain information that is owned by the company in question and could be used by the next person in X position. But the device itself out be factory reset as there would be no reason NOT to. This is very common practice unless there are reasons for keeping the machine untouched. resetting browsers and deleting temp files for them should all you need as resetting the browsers should remove any automatic passwords. I recommend never saving passwords to anything that isnt work related on a work device, as the device in question is for business. 

1 hour ago, Mathieu9836 said:

I'm leaving my current employer and i have a laptop that i'm currently using to work, it will stay at my work bay. I'm trying to find a tool that will erase every passwords and usernames on the brownser or anywhere else since i used it to buy stuff on neweggs while on lunch time and using it to come here. I can't reinstall windows since there is software that i don't have the password to install or the required user access. Any help will be appreciated.

As others have mentioned, make sure to clear all browser data for any browsers you regularly used.

But, keep in mind that the company has the legal right to go through any data stored on their work computer (even personal data), and if they previously backed up any of that data, they have the right to look at it.

That *does not* give them the right to access any of your personal accounts, nor buy anything under your name - but it's always better to be safe about that.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)