Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mockingjason

How to make my PC components show up as whatever I want

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have an 2700x and a 1660 ti. How can I make them show up as whatever components I want? (i want games to recognize them differently too)
Just like wish scammers make a GTS 450 show up as a GTX 1050ti

NOTE: i DO NOT want this for scamming purposes, i want to troll some people into thinking i have a titan rtx.

Sadly GPU-Z and the like flag cards that show up wrong as fake. The listings on eBay are just screenshots of a legitimate graphics card that are in no way associated with the fake.

Edited by wkdpaul

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

* Thread cleaned *

Please keep the Community Standards in mind when interacting with others ;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Guide to run any software as Admin

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Sadly GPU-Z and the like flag cards that show up wrong as fake. The listings on eBay are just screenshots of a legitimate graphics card that are in no way associated with the fake.

oh, guess i cant do it. thanks anyways