Compatibility of motherboard

Hello everyone, I have a Lenovo think entre m92p motherboard and and I was wondering if anyone knows if it is compatible with an rx 5700 gpu and ryzen 5 3600 processor. I'm planning on upgrading those components.

I currently have a gtx 760 and an i5 3470.

I've been looking around the internet for a bit but couldn't find much on this. 

My priority is really upgrading the gpu but I was also wondering if it would be worth upgrading the cpu, hence the pair and question of compatibility. 

Thanks in advance! 

2 minutes ago, RobRdz said:

Hello everyone, I have a Lenovo think entre m92p motherboard and and I was wondering if anyone knows if it is compatible with an rx 5700 gpu and ryzen 5 3600 processor. I'm planning on upgrading those components.

I currently have a gtx 760 and an i5 3470.

I've been looking around the internet for a bit but couldn't find much on this. 

Thanks in advance! 

Of course ryzen cpu is not compatible with your motherboard. RX 5700 is though, but your current cpu would be a giant bottleneck.

You have an Intel system. You will need a new motherboard and RAM to use a Ryzen CPU. The GPU may work, but you may have power and thermal issues in a prebuilt like that. 

The motherboard on its own should support the RX 5700, because it's still just PCIE. A newer version.. But PCIE is back/forwards compatible.

It won't work with the CPU, since it's an entirely different socket. That CPU will also need DDR4, not DDR3 like you have not.

At that point you're replacing half your PC (only left with case, PSU and drives), so I might just suggest to build a new tower in general. Usually the prebuilts have weird internal design too..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

23 minutes ago, minibois said:

The motherboard on its own should support the RX 5700, because it's still just PCIE. A newer version.. But PCIE is back/forwards compatible.

It won't work with the CPU, since it's an entirely different socket. That CPU will also need DDR4, not DDR3 like you have not.

At that point you're replacing half your PC (only left with case, PSU and drives), so I might just suggest to build a new tower in general. Usually the prebuilts have weird internal design too..

Would it be a good idea to buy an rx 580 in this case? It would be a while for me to build a whole new pc haha

1 hour ago, RobRdz said:

Would it be a good idea to buy an rx 580 in this case? It would be a while for me to build a whole new pc haha

With an RX 580 you can certainly get a quite affordable PC:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Intel 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($62.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE Video Card  ($179.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Rosewill FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($26.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $678.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-12 13:19 EST-0500

The most money here is saved on the SSD and case 

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, minibois said:

With an RX 580 you can certainly get a quite affordable PC:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Intel 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($62.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE Video Card  ($179.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Rosewill FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($26.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $678.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-12 13:19 EST-0500

The most money here is saved on the SSD and case 

Wow thanks for the nice build! Although I was thinking on using my current setup but just changing the gpu to the rx 580. Would the bottleneck be too much? 

3 minutes ago, RobRdz said:

Wow thanks for the nice build! Although I was thinking on using my current setup but just changing the gpu to the rx 580. Would the bottleneck be too much? 

i5 3rd gen + RX 580 won't be too bad.

Depends on the game we're talking about, but most will run fine.