Should I upgrade my computer

CraftyCagna

Honestly I been debating this with myself for quite a while. I have  AI ntel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz running at 4.3 I have Installed RAM) 32.0 GB running at xmp 2400. I have a GTX 1080 original not any upgrades.  My monitor is a 2k monitor from dell that only goes up to 60khz. There isn't a game it really can't touch. Unless I upgrade my monitor to a 120 or 240 hz display I just been struggling with the fact it feels like my system is struggling at cpu stuff lately. My Gigabyte motherboard is bluescreening on startup sometimes. Hit reset it works fine. I used to be able to afford any upgrade I wanted had a good job. But now I can't I am living paycheck to paycheck really. Should I upgrade to a new AMD?

60 Hz is not so great for gaming. While 1440p is decent, you should look to improve the refresh rate with a GPU and overclockable CPU like that. From your description of the system it sounds like performance isn't a problem.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Do you feel the need to upgrade? 

/\

yes   no

/          \_______________  Dont upgrade.

Is it absolutely needed?

/\

Yes  no= look at the price. if its affordable and you genuinly want it, go for it.
  |        

Upgrade