Game of the decade???

supanova214

So as 2019 is nearing it's conclusion, and 2020 draws nearer, what do you guys think is your game of the decade. The game must be your favorite game to play during the years of 2010-2019. For myself, I believe that Super Mario Galaxy 2 was the game enjoyed the most throughout the decade, it came out 9 years ago and i'm still playing the game. If I had to pick a multiplayer game as well it would most likely be CS:GO. What are your guys thoughts?

multiplayer games probably have the advantage of "lasting longer" since the replayability is much higher so they get played more.

games like the last of us and god of war are super great (haven't played only heard) but people mostly play them once maybe twice and then don't touch them again.

and how will it be measured?

If it's just from income then games like league/dota/csgo/tf2 with microtransactions are favored, but if it's how good a game was there's bound to be personal opinions interfering.

personally i would say cs go because of the impact it had on the esports scene and the fact that it has never had a "the game is broken" phase other than the revolver.

since league launched in  late October 2009 i wouldn't count it in here but that would probably have taken the spot.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Just now, flashiling said:

multiplayer games probably have the advantage of "lasting longer" since the replayability is much higher so they get played more.

So I suppose it's even more impressive that I have managed to stay attached to SMG2 all these years.

2 minutes ago, supanova214 said:

So I suppose it's even more impressive that I have managed to stay attached to SMG2 all these years.

well. not really you had something for the game and you loved it. nintendo makes good games so nothing "impressive" about it :D

it's like cars, some people will say you're a hillbilly redneck if you say you like the dodge hellcat and others will say it's a good looking car.

"back on topic"

but newer games probably also have the advantage of having new graphics so amazing single player games from 2012 look horrible in comparison to new ones with things like RTX and all that stuff.

and i belive if it were people voting with their own opinion that would have a bigger impact on the numbers than it should

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

but i would love to see an official pool for this topic so if any moderator/admin is looking at this forwarding it to the main ltt crew who can possibly contact companies to help get awareness of such a survey could make for very interesting statistics that i'd personally love to see 

Even if the launch was catastrophal even for me, Read Dead Redemption 2 takes the crown for me. Stellar storytelling and absurd beautiful landscapes, combined with that it takes my interest for more than an hour which is atm a scarsity for me as my attention span is not the best atm. And it is the first game where i spend most of the time exploring instead of trying to get the story finished.

Gta v takes second, story and so much stuff to do but rdr2 beats that.

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

You have to say Fortnight for its impact even though I've never played it.

For me personally though, probably Horizon Zero Dawn.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Doom 2016

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

For me it's Witcher 3 for sure, with a second place probably going to Divinity Original Sin.

As for multiplayer I think it's shared between Dota, LoL, Heartstone and CS:GO for being the games that actually made e-sports a thing, I've only played CS:GO but the others are immensely popular as far as I've heard.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Depends on what you like.

Someone may like Civilization V, others may not.

Grand Theft Auto V is 2nd in Metacritic's Top PC games of all time (between Half-Life 2 and The Orange Box) but not everyone played it.

Some games don't age well... for example Fallout New Vegas was great for when it was released, and for that genre (rpg, with store and lots of choices that affect the game story) it was a very good game but if you compare it with games released in the last years with fancy graphics it wouldn't win.

Also most people will be biased towards games released in the last 2-3 years as they remember them better.

6 hours ago, supanova214 said:

The game must be your favorite game to play during the years of 2010-2019.

Well when you rule out 2009, you're ruling out two of the top contenders in Minecraft and League of Legends. So people are going to throw The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and The Witcher III into the mix. Then there's this other part of the gaming community that's going to throw Dark Souls and Overwatch into the equation. Then there's another part that's going to throw in Mass Effect and Skyrim. Then there's the CSGO, COD and Battlefield gamers, they'll have their say.

Personally, I think GTA 5 will get the win simply because it's sold the most copies outside of Minecraft and because I've put in over 900 hours into it.

Looking back, this decade has been kind of a gaming drought for me. Mass Effect was a 2007 game, so it's from the prior decade. Mass Effect 2 was 2010, and that was an excellent game, marred only be the way ME3 ended the trilogy. 

Beyond that, the ones that stick out are World of Tanks, which I played off and on since 2013, Final Fantasy 14, which I played for about 2-3 years, and Il-2 Great Battles, which, for me at least, stands out because I'd initially dismissed it when it came out in 2013, because it seemed rather limited after Il-2 1946 and the rather disastrous launch of Cliffs of Dover. They kept growing the game though, and I finally picked it up with their Battle of Bodenplatte expansion, and am now thoroughly hooked on it. 

All of that said, if I had to pick just one game of 2010, it would be World of Tanks, both because I did enjoy it for a significant length of time over this decade, and because it's free-to-play model really defined so much of gaming this decade, and unlike a lot of the ones that just went whale-hunting, it seems to have focused on keeping the game competitive, while finding other ways to separate people from their money. 

i'd say Rainbow Six siege. It was such a breathe of fresh air in the FPS genre. Blends the CS with a bit of COD and a bit of character shooter. The destruction i haven't seen since bad company 2 

Personally I'd say The Last of Us. Bioshock Infinite is a solid candidate as well.

1 hour ago, Soag said:

Personally I'd say The Last of Us. Bioshock Infinite is a solid candidate as well.

Would have to agree with the last of us, such an amazing story. But even if thats my pick. I think the logical answer is.. Mario? just as a whole. I know mario came out before 2000, But even now. This decade; it brings together families. Its a great franchise. And i'm quite sure anyone under 60 has touched mario/knows mario. So; Mario.

Witcher 3

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

My decade started strong with Star Trek Online, Minecraft had a consistent run throughout most of it, and despite of my very late start, Guild Wars 2 is making an incredible spurt to beat both of them. I'll give Fallout 3, 7 Days to Die, and StarMade honourable mentions.

Out of the lot, StarMade dropped the ball the hardest (controversial changes and lackluster development pace dried the community up), closely followed by Star Trek Online (ever growing grind with diminishing satisfaction). Minecraft is a periodical blast that relies on the right group, and 7 Days to Die is a steady performer on its own. Fallout 3 lasted as long as it got DLCs, I would have consumed more.

Guild Wars 2 has flaws, for sure, but even all the negative sides combined don't come close to overshadowing the enjoyment I have been getting out of the game. I pray it stays this way.

Really depends on how ur scoring these games.

I mean if popularity is the driving force, such as with CSGO and the like, then craptastic sports games from EA will be in contention. I think we can all agree if its from EA it shouldnt be in the list.

Conversely however, super progressive, SJW, woke , etc games should also be ruled out, no points for PC/SJW culture here thanks.

So if u discount popularity, and political and social agenda, ur left with content, design, and complexity i would think.

So .. where do we stand with FPSers and other PvP driven games. Not particularly complex or content driven are they.

I honestly couldnt pick a game of the decade. This decade has been ..... controversial to say the least ...  from PC culture infecting things, to business and money grabbing screwing up monetization......the gaming industry hasnt got away unscathed , so its hard to pick.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Resident Evil 2 Remake 

Spoiler

No, really, it's Monster Hunter World 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Well it has to be Saint's Row 4 Game Of The Century addition. Because it's the game of the century. Obviously.

But for me it would have to be Alan Wake. Not sure if it counts because it came out in 2010. It's probably the most memorable game I've ever played and people still sometimes talk about 'Alan Wake 2'.

I think Οverwatch (game of the year awards 2016) as it is a huge game with great emphasis on the smallest detail.

An easy victory for Witcher 3 for me.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Witcher 3 for me, I've read all the books after playing the game.