New AM4 build suggestions

Lenovo1984

I am planning to build a new AM4 based system soon. I would like to use a Ryzen 7 CPU, but because of budget limitations I will be going with a Ryzen 5 2600 for now. I am looking for recommendations for an ATX motherboard, a PSU, RAM and an SSD. I already have a 4GB RX 570 that I will be using. As for budget, I am looking for a motherboard around $120, an SSD (NVMe) around $70-80 (doesn't need to be big, I have plenty of mass storage), around $60-70 for RAM and $60-70 for the PSU. Thanks for the help. 

Edit: I should add that the SSD isn't super important. I have a spare 1TB SATA drive I can use, but it is a few years old at this point. 

wouldnt getting a sata ssd for now and just get a 3600 instead a better choice? and i think you can get away with b450 boards with it . i think there are even bundles available which makes it cheaper when getting the 3600.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

what's your budget for everything? need os/monitor/peripherals?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, Martin2132 said:

wouldnt getting a sata ssd for now and just get a 3600 instead a better choice? and i think you can get away with b450 boards with it . i think there are even bundles available which makes it cheaper when getting the 3600.

I don't really need the SSD, I already have a 1TB SATA SSD, but I was mostly just wondering about suggestions. As for the CPU, I would like to get the 2600 for now as I will be moving it to a smaller NAS later on down the line. 

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

what's your budget for everything? need os/monitor/peripherals?

Probably about $300 USD. I don't need any peripherals or OS. 

9 minutes ago, Lenovo1984 said:

Probably about $300 USD. I don't need any peripherals or OS. 

$300 for the entire rig minus the GPU?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

13 minutes ago, Martin2132 said:

i think you can get away with b450 boards with it

If you get a B450 board for a 3rd Gen Ryzen CPU, you'll have to update the BIOS to have it work. It seems like OP doesn't have a 1st or 2nd Gen Ryzen CPU to update the board, I would get a 2nd Gen CPU, or an X570 board, or wait until B550 boards are released.

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

$300 for the entire rig minus the GPU?

No, just what I listed above: motherboard, RAM, PSU and possibly SSD. 

Just now, Darpyface said:

If you get a B450 board for a 3rd Gen Ryzen CPU, you'll have to update the BIOS to have it work. It seems like OP doesn't have a 1st or 2nd Gen Ryzen CPU to update the board, I would get a 2nd Gen CPU, or an X570 board, or wait until B550 boards are released.

I will be using a Ryzen 5 2600 for now, so that won't be an issue. 

15 hours ago, Darpyface said:

There are b450 boards that are readily available for third gen ryzen. 

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $254.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-11 20:30 EST-0500

Edited by Herman Mcpootis

7 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $254.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-11 20:30 EST-0500

Thanks, that looks pretty decent. Any thoughts on the B450-F Gaming board?

Just now, Lenovo1984 said:

Thanks, that looks pretty decent. Any thoughts on the B450-F Gaming board?

sucks for the price, VRM temperatures are borderline with an overclocked 2700x.

12 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

sucks for the price, VRM temperatures are borderline with an overclocked 2700x.

Oh, OK. Thanks for the help.