Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kranolf

Bent motherboard pins? Can't see anything.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys! 

So I did my first own build 1.5 years ago, and had this Asus motherboard which had a LED strip that wasn't recognized by Aura, right from the beginning. I've tried absolutely everything, and nothing worked. I was too lazy until now, to RMA it as it had a 3 years warranty.

Well, jokes on me, the official asus repair service denied repairing it, saying that it got physically damaged, and there are several bent pins on it, therefore my warranty is voided.

What the heck? Motherboard was working fine for 1.5 years, no overheating, no issues at all, and now they won't even fix the led strip because of this. 

My question is, is it really possible, that when I inserted the CPU, or took it out, some of the socket pins got bent? I really can't believe it, since system was working fine, even on OC mode. When I installed the CPU I put it in some kind of frame, which was supposed to help me insert the CPU in the socket, and when I locked it down with the lever, it was kind of hard to push it down, but since I never installed a CPU before, I thought thats how it should be. However my new motherboard did not have that frame, and it was much easier to lock it down.

The warranty guy from the shop called me saying that he didn't even see the bent pins at first, had to call his colleague to show him where is the issue. So yea...Guess I have to sell it like this.

Asus never again...first broken monitor, now this.

mobo2.jpg

I do not  see any bent pins, asus be cutting corners. Threat them with law suit or just check closer yourself if there are any bent pins.

Just now, SavageNeo said:

I do not  see any bent pins, asus be cutting corners. Threat them with law suit or just check closer yourself if there are any bent pins.

The guy who called me tried to explain to me where they are, but like I said he also mentioned he couldn't see it at first as well, besides I don't really know how should they even look like. I really don't see any bent pins.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:13 PM, SavageNeo said:

Is it bent on the left side?

mobo4.jpg

On 11/11/2019 at 11:11 AM, Kranolf said:

Hey guys! 

So I did my first own build 1.5 years ago, and had this Asus motherboard which had a LED strip that wasn't recognized by Aura, right from the beginning. I've tried absolutely everything, and nothing worked. I was too lazy until now, to RMA it as it had a 3 years warranty.

Well, jokes on me, the official asus repair service denied repairing it, saying that it got physically damaged, and there are several bent pins on it, therefore my warranty is voided.

What the heck? Motherboard was working fine for 1.5 years, no overheating, no issues at all, and now they won't even fix the led strip because of this. 

My question is, is it really possible, that when I inserted the CPU, or took it out, some of the socket pins got bent? I really can't believe it, since system was working fine, even on OC mode. When I installed the CPU I put it in some kind of frame, which was supposed to help me insert the CPU in the socket, and when I locked it down with the lever, it was kind of hard to push it down, but since I never installed a CPU before, I thought thats how it should be. However my new motherboard did not have that frame, and it was much easier to lock it down.

The warranty guy from the shop called me saying that he didn't even see the bent pins at first, had to call his colleague to show him where is the issue. So yea...Guess I have to sell it like this.

Asus never again...first broken monitor, now this.

mobo2.jpg

You can get this RMA'd.

Call their *FREMONT* headquarters.

Ask for a level 2 customer service rep for RMA's, and be very cordial about it.

Explain that you used the insertion tool and explain exactly what happened and explain that you didn't bend any pins by any improper tools, and please be as polite as possible.

If you can speak to the right person, they will push the RMA through for you.

Good luck.

10 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

You can get this RMA'd.

Call their *FREMONT* headquarters.

Ask for a level 2 customer service rep for RMA's, and be very cordial about it.

Explain that you used the insertion tool and explain exactly what happened and explain that you didn't bend any pins by any improper tools, and please be as polite as possible.

If you can speak to the right person, they will push the RMA through for you.

Good luck.

But is it actually bent? I linked a second picture.

And can I still do this if I am in EU? I mean calling Fremont HQ

6 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

Sorry i did not realize you were not in USA.  I have no idea, sorry.

No probs! So is it bent? On the second picture