• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ofasix

SFF SG13 CPU cooling

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello,

I'm in process of building SFF PC in SilverStone SG13(mesh front version) case. I'm not sure which cooler to choose to cool Ryzen R5 3600, height is limited to 81mm(I will use SFX PSU that gives additional 20mm to standard 61mm cooler height), and air cooler would face 'back' of SF600, so it will not be used as exhaust. I won't be doing overclocking now, probably in year or two.

Specs:
R5 3600
MSI B450I Gaming plus AC
SG13

My choice of cooler boils down to:
Shadow Rock LP @ 37 EUR
NH-L12S @ 51 EUR
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120 @ 50 EUR

In case of first two, I will install NF-P12 as front fan as intake. Also there will be NF A9x14 side fan as exhaust ( There is no place for this fan on side, but I saw people mount it with zip ties on side and it works fine there). I'm looking for one that will give best performance noise ratio, I would like it to be as quiet as possible.
I'm not sure about Arctic, It's fairly new and I can't find any reviews about performance and noise. Which one should I choose from these? Any other near 50 EUR mark?

I have the exact same case, except the closed off front for my SFF HTPC build and I have a Corsair H60 AIO on mine. 

PSU Tier List Thread

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 16-18-18-34 3600mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 2x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

| Ryzen 7 1800x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Vengeance LPX 3000mhz | Corsair RM550x (2018) | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 

| Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2 | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card |

If you don't mind liquid cooling and can fit it, the Liquid Freezer II 120 would easily outperform the other two. 

If you aren't oc'ing and are possibly undervolting in the pursuit of low noise, go for the NH-L12S instead. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.