Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tucktin32

Ram unusable?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I just upgraded from 2GB ddr2 to 8GB ddr2 but windows 7 64bit says only 2.75GB usable out of the 8GB. how to fix this?

edit: the rest of the system is a core 2 duo at 1.8GHz, GT 1030, and mechanical hard drive

11 minutes ago, Tucktin32 said:

I just upgraded from 2GB ddr2 to 8GB ddr2 but windows 7 64bit says only 2.75GB usable out of the 8GB. how to fix this?

edit: the rest of the system is a core 2 duo at 1.8GHz, GT 1030, and mechanical hard drive

There are multiple reasons this can happen check and try these.

First

Run> regedit > Enter

Goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SYSTEM> Current Control Set> Control> Session Manager> Memory Management double lick on that folder on the right locate ClearPageFileAtShutdowon double click change value to 1. Exit registry editor

Second

Run> Msconfig> Enter

Goto Boot Tab> Click Advanced options> Uncheck Maximum memory if it is checked. Apply and Ok Restart PC.

Third

Type in run "mdsched.exe" and run Windows Memory Diagnostic, select Restart Now

Very last to try.

Shut down PC and swap the memory around in the slots. This works not sure why but it does work as a last resort.

Check task manager again Hardware Reserved should be down to around 16MB or so and you should see the full amount in system information again.

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.2Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | WD Purple 8TB |
XSPC EX 360mm | XSPC Raystorm V3 | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless 10,000DPI | LG 27" 4K 60Hz 27UK650 |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

21 minutes ago, ddennis002 said:

First

Run> regedit > Enter

Goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SYSTEM> Current Control Set> Control> Session Manager> Memory Management double lick on that folder on the right locate ClearPageFileAtShutdowon double click change value to 1. Exit registry editor

Second

Run> Msconfig> Enter

Goto Boot Tab> Click Advanced options> Uncheck Maximum memory if it is checked. Apply and Ok Restart PC.

Third

Very last to try.

Shut down PC and swap the memory around in the slots. This works not sure why but it does work as a last resort.

Check task manager again Hardware Reserved should be down to around 16MB or so and you should see the full amount in system information again.

I tried 1 and 2, but they didn't work i'm waiting on the mdsched right now. I want to avoid moving memory sticks because it's in a custom case I designed and it's hard to get to the ram.

49 minutes ago, ddennis002 said:

First

Run> regedit > Enter

Second

Run> Msconfig> Enter

Third

Very last to try.

I tried all of those now including moving the ram to different slots nothings worked