Pop os help

Hey guys,i just installed pop os 19.10 to my surface pro 4
The problem is, there no touchscreen and pen support after i installed it,is there anyway to enable it?
The second problem is due to my surface pro 4 that keyboard connector part were broken so i was forced to use a bluetooth keyboard to continue using it
But everytime i boot it up , it gone through a Encrption Passphrase which ask me to enter a password, and i cant type it with my bluetooth keyboard and im forced to use a usb keyboard to enter the password, once it booted , my bluetooth keyboard can be used again

-thread moved to linux subforum-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

As for the keyboard you should get it repaired. I dont think there is a way to make BT work with the initramfs....

There most probably is a way. I think it would involve quite some work on PopOS though..

12 minutes ago, Fredrik Svantesson said:

There most probably is a way. I think it would involve quite some work on PopOS though..

On any linux distro. Its generated by scripts and it is distro specific. Its a small OS designed to prepare everything for the main OS before it boots(mounting driives, loading modules, etc).  I dont think its possible to add high level features like BT and/or touch input at such an eraly state in the boot process.

17 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

On any linux distro. Its generated by scripts and it is distro specific. Its a small OS designed to prepare everything for the main OS before it boots(mounting driives, loading modules, etc).  I dont think its possible to add high level features like BT and/or touch input at such an eraly state in the boot process.

It's definitely possible to add bluetooth driver modules to the initram to use a simple keyboard. Touch would obviously be a completely different beast.

I dont think so, if it were possible and work reliably there would be a guide for it somewhere, but unfortunately this reddit thread is the only one i found:

And it ended without solution.

14 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

I dont think so, if it were possible and work reliably there would be a guide for it somewhere, but unfortunately this reddit thread is the only one i found:

And it ended without solution.

Please post long content as links instead of embedding them. 

"If there isnt a guide for it, it cannot be done!" is not a very productive or positive mindset, and I dont recommend holding it. 

You'd have to store the driver module in the initramfs and hook it up so that it loads, and then possible also hook up a script to initialize stuff. For a simple bt-keyboard it should be relatively easy if you know what youre doing (regardless of guide availability), for more advanced scenarios where manual pairing and odd bt hardware is involved, it will obviously be more difficult. But to say that it's _impossible_ is misleading to say the least.

25 minutes ago, Fredrik Svantesson said:

"If there isnt a guide for it, it cannot be done!" is not a very productive or positive mindset, and I dont recommend holding it. 

Maybe, for most problems you can at least find a few forum posts with possible fixes. I guess not many ppl use whole drive encryption. This is for ubuntu but it should apply to pop as well:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CustomizeLiveInitrd

Installed systems

The initrd used by an installed system is maintained by the mkinitramfs script, which is run automatically when for instance upgrading the kernel or any tool used inside the initrd. The correct and recommended way of modifying this initrd is to make hooks and scripts in the /etc/mkinitramfs directory tree. See /usr/share/initramfs for the scripts and hooks that are included by the system.

18 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Maybe, for most problems you can at least find a few forum posts with possible fixes. I guess not many ppl use whole drive encryption. This is for ubuntu but it should apply to pop as well:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CustomizeLiveInitrd

Sure. I highly recommend the Arch Linux Wiki. It's practically an upstream, rolling-release distribution, so most of whats in that wiki pretty much applies to any other distro as well. And it's vast!

12 minutes ago, Fredrik Svantesson said:

Sure. I highly recommend the Arch Linux Wiki.

Its not always the best, arch is bleeding edge for the most part so its not certain that it will apply to a slower distro. (Plus pop os is ubuntu with some tweaks so its better to use their wiki.)

On 11/11/2019 at 8:19 AM, Fredrik Svantesson said:

Pop os it literally Ubuntu with some extra repos to hold drivers for system76 laptops and a slightly tweaked gnome. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

23 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

Pop os it literally Ubuntu with some extra repos to hold drivers for system76 laptops and a slightly tweaked gnome. 

Indeed, and Ubuntu in itself is a highly patched version of Debian, which in itself is highly patched from upstream. 

On 11/14/2019 at 3:56 AM, vorticalbox said:

Its a much better experience out of the box than Ubuntu ever was. System76 took a look at the default settings that come stock with Ubuntu and other common debian based distros and changed them to make the experience that SHOULD have come out of the box in the first place. One that comes to mind is the fact that I get horrific screen tearing on the desktop using an Nvidia card with any Debian distro. To fix this, I have to jump through about 30 minutes of hoops to have something that should be working out of the box. Pop OS was the first distro where I could just use it after installing.