Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boosted350z03

Final decision on new monitor to game

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

This is the final decision that you guys will be helping me with. The Ultrawide will be for gaming on ps4 pro and my pc which I’ll just switch inputs when needed. The 27in will be replacing the crappy Samsung S27E310 I have now for the pc. I do have a 2060 super in the pc as gpu. So I’m either going with one 27in or the Ultrawide.

The choices are:

Optix MAG271CQR

AOC CQ27G1

Optix MAG341CQ

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, boosted350z03 said:

This is the final decision that you guys will be helping me with. The Ultrawide will be for gaming on ps4 pro and my pc

What's your budget/country?


I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, boosted350z03 said:

Budget is in those 3 displays USA

I would just get a monoprice Zero G then...1440p ultrawide 100-120hz $369 open box, or $409 new
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=36110&gclid=CjwKCAiA5JnuBRA-EiwA-0ggPbJeR87hLG-b4lL09G0tBFY2BP2Y9F0167c8XK26CG3S3TbF6Zw1bxoCLJMQAvD_BwE

http://www.thegeeksoffice.com/monoprice-35in-zero-g-curved-gaming-monitor-3440x1440p-uwqhd-review/

 

Otherwise get the MSI ultrawide. It'll just have black bars on the PS4


I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
39 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

I would just get a monoprice Zero G then...1440p ultrawide 100-120hz $369 open box, or $409 new
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=36110&gclid=CjwKCAiA5JnuBRA-EiwA-0ggPbJeR87hLG-b4lL09G0tBFY2BP2Y9F0167c8XK26CG3S3TbF6Zw1bxoCLJMQAvD_BwE

http://www.thegeeksoffice.com/monoprice-35in-zero-g-curved-gaming-monitor-3440x1440p-uwqhd-review/

 

Otherwise get the MSI ultrawide. It'll just have black bars on the PS4

what is the diffrence between the MSI ultrawide and the one you recommend

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, boosted350z03 said:

what is the diffrence between the MSI ultrawide and the one you recommend

Dunno if the MSI one can overclock to 120hz

 

The Monoprice one has a Vesa mount, and it has display port + 3 HDMI inputs, only 1 is HDMI 2.0

https://downloads.monoprice.com/files/manuals/31005_Manual_180430.pdf


I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, boosted350z03 said:

how do you overclock a monitor

Some allow it via the on screen display.  Others can be done through PC display control panel creating a custom resolution and refresh rate.  Option 2 will have a more varied rate of success depending on monitor.


Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

 

GAMING RIG -----> i7 4790k - GTX 1080 - MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Fractal Design Define S - LOTS of Noctua cooling

FOLDING RIG ----> i7 2700K - GTX 1070 - GTX 1660 Ti - ASUS something or another motherboard - Antec 900

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×