GPU Not Detectable, CPU Overheating, After Replacement

So, I just bought an i5 3470, I installed it correctly ( see picture ). But after I boot up my pc, my gpu ( GTX 1050) isn't detectable but my CPU was detected ( I checked with CPU-Z), the screen resolution was set to 800 x 600 even though it was 1920 x 1080 before replacement and the pc was very laggy. I restarted my pc and the boot up screen sayed " CPU Overheating Error" and it just crashed my pc.

I already installed a CPU cooler but didn't put thermal paste, maybe that's the problem?

Specs before replacement:

i3 2100

GTX 1050

8 GB RAM

P8H61-M LX3 PLUS R2.0

v0609 BIOS

1573306302149772003469711378256.jpg

You dont just install a CPU without thermal paste and expect it to run more than 30 seconds. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

7 minutes ago, VisedNorm said:

Well sorry, this is my first time replacing a cpu 

kinda need thermal paste on the CPU and a cooler... otherwise there is no way to remove the heat and dissipate it into the case efficiently. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Hey man no big deal. Go to youtube and look up how to install a CPU. They'll get you up and running.

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

you NEED thermal paste, without it your CPU cooler doesnt really do much tbh.