Ram Issues & Questions

Setup:

Ryzen 5 1600 Stock speed atm

Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 F40 Bios ver.

Patriot Viper Blackout 3000 Mhz

GTX 1060 Zotac AMP

I just got my new memory and installed it, it automatically defaulted to 21.33 when I booted in, when I went back into BIOS it didn't let me modify the frequency just choose the XMP profile which I did, it switched it rated 3000 Mhz but I couldn't boot in, the PC was freezing. I don't know if its IMC from my CPU that has max support for 2667 or the ram sticks.

I'm using Aorus EasyOC to make it to 26.66 multiplier since I can't do so in BIOS.

Any ideas what could it be? 

I'm not sure if its the CPU limitation cus it's not letting me put even 26.66 in the BIOS or is it the RAM.

CPU-Z is identifying them as 21.33 Modules, so I went ahead and did and SPD Read and turns out it isn't 21.33 but 3000 as advertised.

I'm keeping it 26.66 stable with software overclock but I can't make any changes in BIOS, any possible solutions?

ram.png

Challenger Tier at League of Legends since Season 5.

4 minutes ago, tiggar47 said:

XMP

I have seen more problems related to XMP on this forum, than practically anything else here. If XMP doesn't work right, obviously turn it off.

As to anything else, I'm not an OC guy, so I can't help there, but I'm sure someone else will

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.