Can someone explain me what is going on with this intel ssd?

BenasBr
Go to solution Solved by Zagna,

The pins of the smaller portion are just power. Seems like that 660p can survive with just few power pins instead of having all connected.

I want to buy an M.2 ssd for my https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/A320M-HDV/index.asp motherboard.

I've read a bit about M.2 and I know there's 3 types B, M and M & B but the connector on this ssd doesnt make any sense to me cause as you can see in the picture it has 3 contacts while others are 6 or 5. What type is this? And will it work on my M.2 socket?

ssd.PNG

Knowing the model would help, but to me it looks like it's still the normal size, it just only has 3 tracks.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

The pins of the smaller portion are just power. Seems like that 660p can survive with just few power pins instead of having all connected.

Looks like they're just power pins.

Your board is M-key and the SSD is M-key, so it should work.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

3 minutes ago, tikker said:

Looks like they're just power pins.

Your board is M-key and the SSD is M-key, so it should work.

ok thanks