Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ofir aviel

i cant format my 120 GB SSD

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

hi,

i have a 120 GB SSD that i installed android x86 onto, but now i want to install windows 7 on it. (i have an application that does not support windows 10 (with my current license) ) (the SSD is installed on my laptop (dell inspiron 15) )

 

now i select the disk and click delete and it does not do anything.

 

i already tried to burn a new iso to a new disk, and even USB.

 

does anyone have an idea how to erase the partition on the SSD?

 

thank for anyone who helpes me!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably use a boot disk with partition management software like Partition Magic or Partition logic.  Or take it out and connect it as a secondary drive to another computer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Use diskpart

 

In the Windows setup, press Shift and F10. then a Command Prompt window will appear.

 

Run diskpart

list disk

select disk * (replace the * with the number of the SSD)

clean

exit

 

You can now close the command prompt and try running Windows setup again. Please note that running diskpart will delete the partition table on the drive number that you select so please be careful with it.


Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, Husky said:

Use diskpart

 

In the Windows setup, press Shift and F10. then a Command Prompt window will appear.

 

Run diskpart

list disk

select disk * (replace the * with the number of the SSD)

clean

exit

 

You can now close the command prompt and try running Windows setup again. Please note that running diskpart will delete the partition table on the drive number that you select so please be careful with it.

After I did that it showed that the disk is unallocated, but after I clicked next, it says the selected partition requires at least 5722 MB free space, and the free space on the SSD is 111.8 GB

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ofir aviel said:

After I did that it showed that the disk is unallocated, but after I clicked next, it says the selected partition requires at least 5722 MB free space, and the free space on the SSD is 111.8 GB

 

Did you refresh that list first? Did you just click on Unallocated Space and click Next (Don't click it and click New, just click the Unallocated Space and click Next)

Maybe try restarting the Windows Installer?


Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 hours ago, Husky said:

Did you refresh that list first? Did you just click on Unallocated Space and click Next (Don't click it and click New, just click the Unallocated Space and click Next)

Maybe try restarting the Windows Installer?

I just clicked on the unallocated space and the I clicked next

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Please, install some good utility like MiniTool Partition Wizard and life will be easier. :)

Ok, I will install it and tell you what happens

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×