Tons of Markiplier Fans Suspended for no good reason! (Google/Youtube overreach))

OutsideOctaves

Google/Youtube has banned legions of accounts that were involved in a recent live-stream of Markiplier's just for apparently spamming emojis.  Markiplier was using this method with his fans as a way of voting for which choice they should make on a live-stream of his "A Heist With Markiplier" youtube original movie.  Markiplier has reached out to youtube, along with his mods to try and rectify this and as of this upload ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWaz7ofl5wQ ) Youtube has still not answered his emails (after 2 days of this, as of that upload).  This wasn't just a few fans either, this was TONS of people, people who barely even made like 4 responses to the live-stream all together!  This is a scary thing.  If you have anything going on (and this is an attempt to get this out to LTT staff as well to help keep this from happening to LTT and their fans as well).

TL;DR:

Don't use emojis right now with anything to do with google or youtube (Especially Live-Streams), you could potentially have your entire google account (not just youtube) suspended!  (banned)

Again the link to the video on youtube addressing this:

-Editorial Note:

Mark's posted an update video detailing that Google/Youtube is working on fixing this in various ways.

Good info, just saw the video you mentioned earlier.  Also, Mariplier?

YouTube's policies are kind of like a kid learning to drive.  They get going and are excited, then they either grind the gears or step on the brakes too quickly.  They overcorrect, then overcorrect that overcorrection.

Sad thing is, I'm not sure they'll ever stop with their odd policies.  They're desperate to always be socially acceptable and advertiser friendly (read: stay clear of any controversy whatsoever) and their automated systems reflect a certain...over-enthusiasm.

53 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

YouTube's policies are kind of like a kid learning to drive.  They get going and are excited, then they either grind the gears or step on the brakes too quickly.  They overcorrect, then overcorrect that overcorrection.

Sad thing is, I'm not sure they'll ever stop with their odd policies.  They're desperate to always be socially acceptable and advertiser friendly (read: stay clear of any controversy whatsoever) and their automated systems reflect a certain...over-enthusiasm.

What a weird take. Google knows exactly what they're doing. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

What a weird take. Google knows exactly what they're doing. 

I suppose.  I'd like to think even when making billions upon billions of dollars that they'd treat the little people that use their services with grace.

read this stuff recently & apparently they took down their google accounts too which led to their work being inaccessible/destroyed like college papers, important doc attachments,projects & other general stuff.  but some are reportedly getting their account back.

Details separate people.

5 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

Ironically their desire to avoid controversy leads them to stumbling right into controversy, time and time again.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

8 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

"Also, Mariplier?"

Good catch, wow did I bumble over that one.

And not tech news?  I'd say it is, when a "Tech giant"  like google/youtube is banning people's account en-mass like this over nothing, and seemingly doing nothing to nothing much about it at least in my view.  As this is yet again a tech giant screwing up in a fairly major way.  What, I mean if this isn't tech news then I guess Huawei's missteps in the industry wasn't tech news and thus shouldn't have been covered by LTT when that happened?  Or the whole thing that happened and is happening with Korea vs Activision/Blizzard?

Anyways  Something to look out for indeed.

??

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

google: i wonder why everyone uses twitch instead of youtube livestreaming

As much as I don't like Twitch, I think YouTube is the last entity I want trying to compete with them given how flawed the platform is at any given moment. The fact that this happened gives me absolutely no confidence in the platform's ability to compete in the live streaming market.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

youtube needs to give creators more control over their stream if they are going to be taken serious as a streaming platform.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Yet another episode of Google shooting itself in the foot... Is anyone surprised by this? There are quite a number of technical reasons why my trust and faith in the company is near zero. People keep whining about Microsoft, Nvidia, or Apple doing something evil, and for each that they actually do wrong, google does the same but several times worse, and somehow gets away with it.

The shit that Google gets away with thanks to the Shilling Force of Antisocial Worshippers (SFAW) is just astounding and beyond words.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Who cares?

Google/youtube accounts serve no real purpose anyway. You can still watch videos and use the same services else where without google spying on everything you do.

3 hours ago, Tsuki said:

youtube needs to give creators more control over their stream if they are going to be taken serious as a streaming platform.

There are a great many things they need to address that they are apparently unaware of.

Biased moderation/administration being the biggest imho. They keep going down this road and eventually they are going to piss off enough people to bring the ire of the federal government down on them.

Don't forget, bullshit DMCA/copyright takedowns/claims.

Compared to those two, control over streams seems.... less important.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Ok, so key takeaways, don't post comments on Google platforms, don't base anything you don't want to lose on Google platforms, and generally avoid using Google products. 

The sad thing is, since I just rebuilt my computer I was waffling about whether or not I really wanted to fuss with getting Office set back up on it. I mean, Google docs has the same core functionality and I can access it anywhere, then I see this and I am once again reminded why that is a bad idea. 

Is Open Office any decent these days? 

1 minute ago, Harry Voyager said:

yes its a good alternative to office

10 hours ago, OutsideOctaves said:

Good catch, wow did I bumble over that one.

And not tech news?  I'd say it is, when a "Tech giant"  like google/youtube is banning people's account en-mass like this over nothing, and seemingly doing nothing to nothing much about it at least in my view.  As this is yet again a tech giant screwing up in a fairly major way.  What, I mean if this isn't tech news then I guess Huawei's missteps in the industry wasn't tech news and thus shouldn't have been covered by LTT when that happened?  Or the whole thing that happened and is happening with Korea vs Activision/Blizzard?

Anyways  Something to look out for indeed.

Sorry about being that sort of person.  I work in a support role where when you get one word or digit wrong an end user can lose their mind.

54 minutes ago, Harry Voyager said:

Ok, so key takeaways, don't post comments on Google platforms, don't base anything you don't want to lose on Google platforms, and generally avoid using Google products. 

The sad thing is, since I just rebuilt my computer I was waffling about whether or not I really wanted to fuss with getting Office set back up on it. I mean, Google docs has the same core functionality and I can access it anywhere, then I see this and I am once again reminded why that is a bad idea. 

Yes, Open Office is generally a good alternative.

There's still nothing wrong with using Google's services, but like most things in life you should always have more than one option and more than one backup in more than one place.

1 minute ago, PineyCreek said:

using Google's services

there is a lot wrong with using google, a very lot

some people need it though

most dont

Just now, amdorintel said:

there is a lot wrong with using google, a very lot

some people need it though

most dont

I doubt any company that offers a backup service will be completely clean morally and ethically all the way to the top and free from screw ups.  Well, any business really.  Depends on what you can tolerate I guess.

20 hours ago, OutsideOctaves said:

Youtube has still not answered his emails (after 2 days of this, as of that upload). 

Youtube resolved the issue

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

6 hours ago, Crowbar said:

Who cares?

Google/youtube accounts serve no real purpose anyway. You can still watch videos and use the same services else where without google spying on everything you do.

Yeah if you're a full time YT creator who happens to like to watch other content and your account gets banned who cares right?

Also who uses Gmail right? Pffft it's not like every account you sign up for these days is based solely around your email account and your access to said account or anything like that.

Seriously, are you so dense that you can't see this as an issue besides "i CaN sTiLl WaTcH vIdEoS" ?‍♂️?