Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iClutchz

IPHONE 6 stuck in activation lock with icloud.

Posted · Original PosterOP

hi. my name is carter. i just bought a iphone 6 second hand off my friend. the phone has been restored to its factory settings. theres just one issue. its activation locked with icloud with the old email and password. is there any way to bypass this screen as i dont know the email. nor does my friend as it is an old email. every little bit of help would be much appreciated, apple support could not help me (like usual) just told me to get the email and password from the person i bought it from but i dont have it nor can get it. which is why im so frustrated 

10 minutes ago, iClutchz said:

hi. my name is carter. i just bought a iphone 6 second hand off my friend. the phone has been restored to its factory settings. theres just one issue. its activation locked with icloud with the old email and password. is there any way to bypass this screen as i dont know the email. nor does my friend as it is an old email. every little bit of help would be much appreciated, apple support could not help me (like usual) just told me to get the email and password from the person i bought it from but i dont have it nor can get it. which is why im so frustrated 

We can't help you bypass a password.

15 minutes ago, iClutchz said:

This is a service you have to pay a third party for. Half of them are scams and it's against Apple's terms of service. 

Usually, phones like that end up on Ebay for a 5th of it's value. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

i7-8700k @5.0Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX - Armor GTX 1080 - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Macbook Pro 2015 (Musicians live and die by these, unfortunately I need one. :/
i7-4980HQ (Liquid Metal mod) - 16GB DDR3 - Radeon M370X (Liquid Metal mod) 

El-Sleepo (ProxMox server)

2x Xeon E5-2667  - 48GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware for JBOD) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 2x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Corsair CX series Power Supplies are fine

Toys: Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

While I don't want to immediately assume that this is simply asking to unlock a stolen device, I've never understood how someone can "forget" an email account and password, especially with all of the second factor authentication and back ups that are offered these days.

There's a reason Apple won't help you; it's mentioned above. Totally understandable.

Always make sure the phone has been cleared before you purchase it.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

12 minutes ago, dizmo said:

While I don't want to immediately assume that this is simply asking to unlock a stolen device, I've never understood how someone can "forget" an email account and password, especially with all of the second factor authentication and back ups that are offered these days.

Not just that (how easy it is to keep track of), but the fact that keeping track of it is very important.  For example, maintaining access to an expensive device.  Anyone careless enough to lock a valuable device to an account they then allow themselves to forget and lose access to frankly shouldn't be using or buying said device in the first place.

1 hour ago, iClutchz said:

its activation locked with icloud with the old email and password. is there any way to bypass this screen as i dont know the email.

The only way to get around it is to ask the OG owner of the said iPhone to unlink his/her Apple ID from the old iPhone.

https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage > Under "Devices", click the old iPhone 6 > click "remove from account".

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Not just that (how easy it is to keep track of), but the fact that keeping track of it is very important.  For example, maintaining access to an expensive device.  Anyone careless enough to lock a valuable device to an account they then allow themselves to forget and lose access to frankly shouldn't be using or buying said device in the first place.

Exactly. That's why I always assume questions like this are just related to stolen phones....especially since 99% of the time it's from someone with 1 or 2 posts.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Return the phone to your friend. If you stole it you're an ass and if he sold a non-working phone to you then it's between you two to sort it out. If you had knowledge of this beforehand and still paid for it he wouldn't be entirely wrong in denying a return however

That's an F in the profile pic

16 hours ago, dizmo said:

There's a reason Apple won't help you; it's mentioned above. Totally understandable.

Always make sure the phone has been cleared before you purchase it.

There are people that may not entirely be of the right mind, or have issues with memory, and sometimes, may lack the familial tech support.

If the "friend" won't provide a refund, the only further advice I can offer (that hadn't been mentioned) is to be more selective of your friends.

The pursuit of knowledge for the sake of knowledge.

Forever in search of my reason to exist.