How to change local IP to a URL

Winners

After watching the cheap CCTV set up a few times i decided to install motioneye os on a ubuntu VM on my local server, with some ras pi zero W cameras.

Which so far I've got working just fine, but now I need to make it girlfriend friendly, she has no interest in an IP address so I was trying to workout how i can just give her a URL she'll understand ie 'www.myaddress.local.

I've got the idea from a company I used to work for that had there intranet address pointed to a '.local. URL.

Thanks in advance with any advice given!

Depending on the implementation of their router, you might be able to add it to the local DNS (so it knows myaddress.local = whatever IP).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You could put an entry like that in her hosts file

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

there's no extension but it's a text file

Just go:
<IP> <URL>

like for example

192.168.0.15 mydeviceIcantrememberanIPfor.com

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

My former Verizon router has a DNS manager in lieu of loopback so you could do what @Ryan_Vickers said, but at the router level.

See if your router has anything like that.