• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xvaster

any soundproofing headphones?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, I was in researching of some soundproofing headphones

it might be weird, but I wish using those for extended period

I can't stand the noise, so I thought that maybe I should take any type of decent headphones.. but using them for extended period idk if its healthy or not

also I would like those to be less heating possible, I also don't tolerate the heat..

budget idk..

Generally we don't talk about them being "sound proof", just "closed" or "isolating", and optionally with "active noise cancellation".  I presume that's what you want, but I mention it because even the best will not block all sounds completely.

If I recall correctly the WH-1000XM3 from Sony is considered quite good in this regard, though I have not tried them myself to confirm.  A commonly recommended pair for a long time was the QC25 and later QC35 from Bose.  Those I have tried, and I find the noise cancelling quite good and the sound being quite poor with noise cancelling turned on, and so poor you won't want to bother using them with it turned off.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Generally we don't talk about them being "sound proof", just "closed" or "isolating", and optionally with "active noise cancellation".  I presume that's what you want, but I mention it because even the best will not block all sounds completely.

If I recall correctly the WH-1000XM3 from Sony is considered quite good in this regard, though I have not tried them myself to confirm.  A commonly recommended pair for a long time was the QC25 and later QC35 from Bose.  Those I have tried, and I find the noise cancelling quite good and the sound being quite poor with noise cancelling turned on, and so poor you won't want to bother using them with it turned off.

Ya sound prooing is something I haven't heard.  Like Guru Ryan_Vickers said.. very smart he is.  You know the Sennheiser 4.50 BTNC is hundred some odd dollars like not even close to 200.  They sound excellent.  I mean I have  Sennheiser 650 which I use in the studio, but if Im on the go the 4.50 BTNC will be nice for you.  Im here to say its excellent quality.  Just pair it with your phone and take it on the go.  Or get a bluetooth usb stick so you can use it in Windows as well.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Earbuds or iems are the best route considering your needs

***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 1300x  Motherboard: b350 PC mate RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiioe10k, fiio ubtr---> Tin hifi T3, Koss ksc 75,Blon 03

AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Posted · Original PosterOP
23 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

yeah.. sorry I couldn't get the right words 😓

However since I never tried one of those type of products, generally the external souds, are still audible or not? (passively and actively)

6 minutes ago, Xvaster said:

However since I never tried one of those type of products, generally the external souds, are still audible or not? (passively and actively)

External noise will still be audible for sure, more so with lowered music volume of course, but it is significantly reduced.  Passive isolation tends to kill the high frequencies, and active noise cancelling tends to knock out the lower frequencies, particularly consistent droning noises like a jet engine.

5 hours ago, Xvaster said:

5 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

External noise will still be audible for sure, more so with lowered music volume of course, but it is significantly reduced.  Passive isolation tends to kill the high frequencies, and active noise cancelling tends to knock out the lower frequencies, particularly consistent droning noises like a jet engine.

Varying noises will also permeate more, like talking.