any soundproofing headphones?

Lii

Hi, I was in researching of some soundproofing headphones

it might be weird, but I wish using those for extended period

I can't stand the noise, so I thought that maybe I should take any type of decent headphones.. but using them for extended period idk if its healthy or not

also I would like those to be less heating possible, I also don't tolerate the heat..

budget idk..

Generally we don't talk about them being "sound proof", just "closed" or "isolating", and optionally with "active noise cancellation".  I presume that's what you want, but I mention it because even the best will not block all sounds completely.

If I recall correctly the WH-1000XM3 from Sony is considered quite good in this regard, though I have not tried them myself to confirm.  A commonly recommended pair for a long time was the QC25 and later QC35 from Bose.  Those I have tried, and I find the noise cancelling quite good and the sound being quite poor with noise cancelling turned on, and so poor you won't want to bother using them with it turned off.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Generally we don't talk about them being "sound proof", just "closed" or "isolating", and optionally with "active noise cancellation".  I presume that's what you want, but I mention it because even the best will not block all sounds completely.

If I recall correctly the WH-1000XM3 from Sony is considered quite good in this regard, though I have not tried them myself to confirm.  A commonly recommended pair for a long time was the QC25 and later QC35 from Bose.  Those I have tried, and I find the noise cancelling quite good and the sound being quite poor with noise cancelling turned on, and so poor you won't want to bother using them with it turned off.

Ya sound prooing is something I haven't heard.  Like Guru Ryan_Vickers said.. very smart he is.  You know the Sennheiser 4.50 BTNC is hundred some odd dollars like not even close to 200.  They sound excellent.  I mean I have  Sennheiser 650 which I use in the studio, but if Im on the go the 4.50 BTNC will be nice for you.  Im here to say its excellent quality.  Just pair it with your phone and take it on the go.  Or get a bluetooth usb stick so you can use it in Windows as well.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

23 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

yeah.. sorry I couldn't get the right words ?

However since I never tried one of those type of products, generally the external souds, are still audible or not? (passively and actively)

6 minutes ago, Xvaster said:

However since I never tried one of those type of products, generally the external souds, are still audible or not? (passively and actively)

External noise will still be audible for sure, more so with lowered music volume of course, but it is significantly reduced.  Passive isolation tends to kill the high frequencies, and active noise cancelling tends to knock out the lower frequencies, particularly consistent droning noises like a jet engine.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 hours ago, Xvaster said:

5 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

External noise will still be audible for sure, more so with lowered music volume of course, but it is significantly reduced.  Passive isolation tends to kill the high frequencies, and active noise cancelling tends to knock out the lower frequencies, particularly consistent droning noises like a jet engine.

Varying noises will also permeate more, like talking.

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2019 at 10:53 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

sorry for necro, but still I haven't decided

the WH-1000XM3 are one of those that cover all the ears right?

However there aren't any headphone with noise canc, with a non standard design?

I find the headsupport pretty annoying..

5 hours ago, Xvaster said:

sorry for necro, but still I haven't decided

the WH-1000XM3 are one of those that cover all the ears right?

They are over ear headphones, yes.  You should be able to wear them for a long time without any discomfort, unlike an on-ear design which is bound to become painful within an hour due to it pressing down on your ear.

However there aren't any headphone with noise canc, with a non standard design?

I find the headsupport pretty annoying..

There are noise cancelling "headphones" without a headband, so long as you use that term very broadly and include in-ears, on-ears, etc.  I'm less familiar with that market but a few random examples that come to mind are the "human headphones", and the airpods pro.  Noise cancelling or not, I think these are the things you'll be stuck with if you want to avoid a headband as generally any traditional headphones use one to increase comfort.  Without that you get a situation like the "human headphones" where they have to clamp to and hang from your ear which is not comfortable in the long term obviously.

Edit: actually, I just double checked and I may not even be correct about the human headphones.  I thought they had noise cancelling since they do have a mic and a feature to mix that in with the signal, but apparently no noise cancelling.

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 7:44 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

They are over ear headphones, yes.  You should be able to wear them for a long time without any discomfort, unlike an on-ear design which is bound to become painful within an hour due to it pressing down on your ear.

There are noise cancelling "headphones" without a headband, so long as you use that term very broadly and include in-ears, on-ears, etc.  I'm less familiar with that market but a few random examples that come to mind are the "human headphones", and the airpods pro.  Noise cancelling or not, I think these are the things you'll be stuck with if you want to avoid a headband as generally any traditional headphones use one to increase comfort.  Without that you get a situation like the "human headphones" where they have to clamp to and hang from your ear which is not comfortable in the long term obviously.

Edit: actually, I just double checked and I may not even be correct about the human headphones.  I thought they had noise cancelling since they do have a mic and a feature to mix that in with the signal, but apparently no noise cancelling.

Also when usually does sony announces and launches on the market new items? I read that they have listed the xm4, so maybe I should wait for it..

By the way, I would also like to pair those headphones with my pc, but my pc doesn't have any bluetooth connection, so it's worth buying some cheap and general usb/bluetooth adapter of 1/2 dollar, or it's needed something else?

The WH-1000XM3 have the best ANC I've ever experienced but the materials are and feels damn cheap. It's very light too but too much plastic. The sound quality is meh IMHO but that's because I'm not the target audience. 

On 12/23/2019 at 10:20 PM, Xvaster said:

Also when usually does sony announces and launches on the market new items? I read that they have listed the xm4, so maybe I should wait for it..

By the way, I would also like to pair those headphones with my pc, but my pc doesn't have any bluetooth connection, so it's worth buying some cheap and general usb/bluetooth adapter of 1/2 dollar, or it's needed something else?

For pc, no. You can get a much better headphone than the WH-1000XM3. But the MX3 does have the option to be wired. 

The most comfortable headphones are Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (and Wireless) and DT880. These feels damn comfortable. 

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

On 11/8/2019 at 9:26 PM, Xvaster said:

Hi, I was in researching of some soundproofing headphones

it might be weird, but I wish using those for extended period

I can't stand the noise, so I thought that maybe I should take any type of decent headphones.. but using them for extended period idk if its healthy or not

also I would like those to be less heating possible, I also don't tolerate the heat..

budget idk..

Yes I would personally recommend the beats solo 2 headphones I’ve been using them for 2years and I can never hear my mum yelling at me definitely recommend 

On 11/8/2019 at 1:53 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

As a user of the WH-1000XM3, I highly recommend them. Amazing audio quality and the Active Noise Cancellation is amazing. I never owned a headset before that had ANC so I can't compare it to anything else. But I definitely don't feel I am missing anything when it comes to features, quality, and the ability to let my surroundings leave me temporarily as I drift away to music, a movie, or whatever else one might use them for. There are some great reviewers out there that can give you more details than I could think of. Check out JimsReviewRoom as an example.

i7-12700K Cooled by Corsair H150i Elite Capellix | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | AORUS Z690 Elite DDR4 | 32GB (8GB x 4, 3200MHz) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM850 PSU | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Boot Drive