MSI- GE60 : Laptop screen flickering

Jun Ishiwata

Hey guys so a friend of mine told me there was something wrong with her laptop. I said i'd look at it andit actually does some weird things. Whenever there is a black background on the screen the screen flickers in every color.. also on the splash screen etc. At first i thought it would be just a driver issue on how she explained the problem but now that i have the device here myself i think its gpu related.. but i'm not sure. Does anyone of you have had this before ? What was the problem ? 

pc.jpg

My MSI GE60-2OD did this back when it's driver was super messed up and corrupted. I tried many things, but ultimately reinstalling Windows for me, corrected it. Idk if I missed something else, but I tried several driver installs and it never seemed to do the job.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

5 hours ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

My MSI GE60-2OD did this back when it's driver was super messed up and corrupted. I tried many things, but ultimately reinstalling Windows for me, corrected it. Idk if I missed something else, but I tried several driver installs and it never seemed to do the job.

Hey mate thanks for the reply , did you have the flickering at the motherboard splash screen and bios aswell ? cause i'm experiencing this..

7 hours ago, Jun Ishiwata said:

Hey mate thanks for the reply , did you have the flickering at the motherboard splash screen and bios aswell ? cause i'm experiencing this..

In my case, no. It sounds like something may be bad with the GPU. I wouldn't be surprised either, the GE60 is an old, old model. Mine has issues with it's 765M where it gets way hot way soon and so I can't game on it anymore, but now I've got the desktop so eh.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section