Posted · Original PosterOP

4.2 gb ram useble of the 6gb

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    AMD FX-6100    8 °C
    Zambezi 32nm Technology
RAM
    6,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M LX3 (AM3R2)    14 °C
Graphics
    2590G5 (1920x1080@75Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 (MSI)    10 °C
Storage
    223GB SPCC Solid State Disk ATA Device (SATA (SSD))    25 °C
Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB ATA Device
Audio
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Do you have 2 and 4GB stick in dual channel perhaps? Try moving them over to a single-channel setup.

So e.g. if you have the sticks in slot 2 and 4, move one of the sticks a slot over. 

But I would first start by reseating your memory, it's entirely possible the 2GB stick is not detected properly.

I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

I'm more concerned with why your CPU is reporting only 8°C... Is it really cold where you are?

Can you post a screenshot of the Windows Task Manager Performance - Memory page so we can see what it is reporting.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

I'm more concerned with why your CPU is reporting only 8°C... Is it really cold where you are?

Can you post a screenshot of the Windows Task Manager Performance - Memory page so we can see what it is reporting.

russia

4 hours ago, minibois said:

Do you have 2 and 4GB stick in dual channel perhaps? Try moving them over to a single-channel setup.

So e.g. if you have the sticks in slot 2 and 4, move one of the sticks a slot over. 

But I would first start by reseating your memory, it's entirely possible the 2GB stick is not detected properly.

problem is i have 2 slots

I'm pretty sure I have one of those motherboards somewhere.

Doesn't it have Onboard something like Radeon 3000 series Graphics with a bios setting for reserve memory for the intergrated graphics?

Edit: Yeah, in the bios, change the memory reserved for the intergrated grapics.

Also, what on earth is the ambient in that room?

Edit 2: If you're not using the integrated graphics, (the VGA port on the motherboard) there should be a setting to disable it as well.

6 hours ago, Spotty said:

I'm more concerned with why your CPU is reporting only 8°C..

Same...... 

hours ago, milantheworse said:

russia

Oh, that explains everything! 

?

RYZEN 5 3600 | MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME